Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

TroubleBound's S13 Build. Basic.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TroubleBound will become famous soon enough
Default TroubleBound's S13 Build. Basic.

My name is Adam. In August 2007 i bought a gray 1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback SE. It is a 5 speed, had 208,000 miles on it when i got it for $3000. I'm sure that it sounds pretty steep for a stock 240sx but it is very well maintained, and in very good shape. There is no rust on the frame rails or anywhere on the car except for underneath the foam spoiler on the hatch. This is what she looked like when i got her:

Lowered her a little (just a little because i used free kyb/sportlines):

In April 2009 she was hit:

I was sad, but it made me go out and get another daily, so that i could park and build her. I started a small collection of parts:

It doesn't look like a build thread yet, but this is just the start. The hard part will be turning the pile of parts on my floor into a running car. All of the parts i've collected are in preparation for my plans of doing the super cliche SR20 swap. I also ordered some PBM coilovers so i can actually lower my car, and get it off of those kybs/sportlines.This is my first build/engine swap. After the motor is in i will put a couple suspension arms and bushings on. Then i want to put a couple subtle kits on it and paint it. Then get some kouki tails and some carpet/seat/steering wheel.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:23 PM
ig oggggg

yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15
Default Re: TroubleBound's S13 Build. Basic.

good luck
Old 11-10-2009, 04:25 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

not bad man, looks to be a good start
Old 11-10-2009, 04:28 PM
sccooopp

Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat

coupes are so much cooler than hatch's. but good luck on the build nevertheless. nissan is still nissan.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

I see a bunch of unnecessary parts.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Raptor Jesus Loves U

idrum2loud has disabled reputation

turbo timer.....sell it dont need it.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Dearhat
coupes are so much cooler than hatch's. but good luck on the build nevertheless. nissan is still nissan.
Yeah i have a coupe but its a 1989 and i not only like the chuki better but the hatch as well. It just looks more sporty the coupe looks too boring everyday-car for me.

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
I see a bunch of unnecessary parts.
Aye, i didn't do as much research as i would have liked. I was so excited to have money i was just clicking the checkout button on my filled carts on all sorts of different sites. Definitely a lot fo parts i wish i would have thought through more. The profec b spec 2 is garbage im selling that before i even installed it from all of the negative feedback i heard. Among other parts. I have become more educated but still have much to learn. This is my second forum the only other one i have been a member to is Nico, since 2007.

Small Update, need more time off work:
The garage im working in is all leaky, and moist/mildewy so it's almost as bad as keeping my car outside anyways, and there are LOTS of spiders and critters to keep me company. This is the puddle i mop up every day when i get there:

Oh well, unwrapped the SR:

Took trans off so i could get at flywheel:

Flywheel - Before

Flywheel - After resurfacing

Decided to take the KA out for steering problems diag. and engine bay prep. Look at the metal shavings on this KA trans. drain plug, gross. Good thing it's being relieved of its duties:

Preparations:

Success! Pulled my first engine! And i didn't even f*** anything up! Lol the challenge will be putting one in, i know.

Sad Looking 240,000 KA24DE:

Going to clean up/paint this nastyness:

Snapped this on my way out, its how she sits tonight:

Thanks for stopping by my thread, i need to fix whatever is keeping the car from steering (intermediate shaft or rack or something) and paint the bay, and then drop the SR in with all my new parts on it. Pretty broke till after Christmas so i hope nothing expensive comes up. I'll have to wait for tires and paint till then too. )=
Old 11-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Got the engine bay pretty much cleared out, needs some degreaser then some paint.

I haven't got much done cause i only spend 5-10 hours a week at the garage cause work sucks, oh and i take too many pictures.
She's so anxious with her new engine sitting right in front of her.

KA Parts littering the floor:

And the progress pic :cry:

I got the bish primered. Meh.

Meh it looks okay. I tried. First time. It's going to be a daily driver/weekend warrior not a show car.

Picked up a new front bumper too since hers is all cracked, its purple :squint . $50.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

Forgot to post the pic of the East Bear knockoff lip i had sitting around forever to go with the chuki bumper.

Got the turbo bolted up to the new manifold and the turbo elbow:

Finally got the engine off of that pallet and onto an engine stand.

And i replaced the thermostat for the nismo one. OEM-76.5°C vs. Nismo-62°C

What Redtop?

Graytop seems weird but everyone has red and ive seen a few with white (Didderson) and it seems hard to keep clean and black looks like the blacktop so i decided on gray. It will match the exterior of the car anyways. Did i say gray? I meant Cast Coat Iron :rotflmao
Tossed in the motor and trans mounts. Didn't realize how different the trans mounts looked.

Also reattached the exhaust manifold/turbo.

I don't know how healthy cams/valves are supposed to look, but i snapped a couple pics with the cover off:

While i had the cover off i tossed in the new plugs.

Its starting to look like an engine again.

Painted the little valve cover hardware black too, it was old and crusty.

I might paint the "intercooler turbo" piece cause there is some sharpie from when it was shipped that wont come off. It didn't come with any bolts to hold it in i'll have to get some )=
Old 11-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

I finally got around to doing more to the car. Coming along i suppose.
Got an oil pressure gauge sending unit adapter from NISsport so i could retain the stock oil pressure light.

Brought the wiring harnesses home cause i got no internet at the garage. That would kick a** if i did.

Dash plug:

Extending O2+MAF+Power steering switch:

Chassis plugs:

Switches/plugs removed from SR harness:

Lower harness didnt need modified so i just cleaned it and retaped everything:

Cleaned up the rest of the engine harness with some more tape and sleeving, no exposed wires in the bay. Wiring harness is done yay!

Quick Reply: TroubleBound's S13 Build. Basic.