Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Toyata-Subaru FT-86 Update

Old 02-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn secretnoforn
Default Toyata-Subaru FT-86 Update

Subaru Teases New Rear-Drive Sports Car With First Official Image
Steve Diehlman on February 22 2011 8:21 AM

Subaru has yet to show much of the vehicle it co-developed with Toyota, but today the automaker shed a sliver of light on its end of the project. Just days before its Geneva Motor Show unveiling, Subaru revealed a teaser image of the engine bay of its upcoming rear-wheel-drive sports car.

The teaser image of what Subaru is calling the Boxer Sports Car Architecture shows little more than the engine for the Japanese brand’s new coupe. As seen in the image, the boxer engine sits low in the engine bay, helping to lower the car’s center of gravity, which should help to increase the sporting nature of the car.

There’s no official word on which of Subaru’s engines will be placed within the new vehicle, and the new photo provides no further insight. While we’re almost certain it will receive a turbocharged mill, the automaker conveniently hid any sign of a turbocharger and its requisite plumbing. The engine will most likely displace 2.5 liters, but will Subaru use the 265-horsepower engine found in its WRX, or shoot for the stars and tap the 305-horsepower powertrain from its potent STI?

Although we’ve seen no more than test mules of Subaru’s new coupe, it will have a similar shape to Toyota’s FT-86, as both models will share an engine and underpinnings. Stay with Motor Trend for the official unveiling at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show on March 1.

Source: Subaru

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/subaru-rwd...#ixzz1EjKMm4SG
Old 02-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: Toyata-Subaru FT-86 Update

Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

the only 'update' i got from this was that subaru will be branding and selling their own rwd car based on this platform- which says nothing about the ft-86. i already knew it was going to be some undisclosed suby motor powering the thing, and those pictures are as old as the internet.

repost.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Wait...I thought subaru was going to offer an AWD version while Toyota offered the RWD version.

I r confused.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

its being sold under scion...thats what ive heard
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Toyota will find a way to lame it up some how.

The only thing more boring than browsing the Toyota product line is driving the Toyota product line.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:19 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Sell it with the 265hp engine setup out of the WRX and price it about $20k.

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Toyota will find a way to lame it up some how.

The only thing more boring than browsing the Toyota product line is driving the Toyota product line.
I happen to enjoy my truck very much.

(but yeah, the rest of it sucks)
Old 02-22-2011, 03:23 PM
low&slow

slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi
its being sold under scion...thats what ive heard
This i have heard too. but doesnt even matter what it comes out by scion/toyota same thing imo.

Originally Posted by Flite
I happen to enjoy my truck very much.

(but yeah, the rest of it sucks)
Very true. only vechiles that i come to like are the Tacomas, x-Runners, and 4 door Tundras. I saw a 2 door single cab on Saturday at work and thought what a waste of a tundra and how retarded it looks
Old 02-22-2011, 03:32 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by slotoyo
I saw a 2 door single cab on Saturday at work and thought what a waste of a tundra and how retarded it looks
Yes but.... single cab 2wd Tundras are mid to high 13 second trucks off the showroom floor. They do look a little silly though. I agree with Rebro though, the Toyota version of this car will flop.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:46 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by Flite
Sell it with the 265hp engine setup out of the WRX and price it about $20k.
yeah, that's unlikely.

Quick Reply: Toyata-Subaru FT-86 Update