Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

thoughts of a s14 w/evo3

Old 10-03-2010, 11:26 AM
goon squad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder
Default Re: thoughts of a s14 w/evo3

odd swap...but if it works then that's pretty cool. but please hurry and finish the vh45 because the thought of a dsm motor in a nissan makes me shit blood.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

if you use the parts that require a 4g63 mighty max swap it shouldn't be expensive. But what are you going to use as far as performance mods? If your just swapping in stock 4g63 you might as well wait to swap in your v8 or whatever you plan on using down the road. If your planning on making like 600hp off the 4g63 then why put in the v8?

I recommend putting a stock ka in until the vh45 is finish then throw that in. It'll save you more money and it'll probably help speed up the process of rebuilding ur vh45.

Last edited by Sun Wukong; 10-03-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

MitsuColt is on a distinguished road

How the hell did you go through dsm trannies daily driving? And the vh is one of the swaps i was refering to, just wait til that is ready to go in. Until then just get a cheap max shell if you already have the drivetrain you want to use. You're gonna need a daily while your doing your vh swap and the max would make for a nice little grocery/parts getter.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

krisiskustoms has disabled reputation

it was my toy so a stock tranny wasnt gonna hold anyway i was running 14psi evo3 16g,full 3" turbo back exhaust no cat,individual coil packs,lightweight flywheel, excedy clutch stage 2 organic,smic, ported 2g manifold,hacked maf and i also ran my cyclone manifold the right way with the white canister. i knew that a stock trans was only gonna last 4 so long especially if i launched it. john sheppard recommeded for me to get a stage 3 tranny or at least a upgraded rebuild
Old 10-03-2010, 12:37 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

LS-JUAN
Old 10-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Shep recommended a stage 3 cuz he wants your money lol

Your set up doesn't seem like it was something that could fuck your tranny. I've seen stock trannies handle a hell of alot more than what you had done. Unless you were driving like an ass hat and launching all the time and not knowing how to shift.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

Originally Posted by cherrod8
Shep recommended a stage 3 cuz he wants your money lol

Your set up doesn't seem like it was something that could fuck your tranny. I've seen stock trannies handle a hell of alot more than what you had done. Unless you were driving like an ass hat and launching all the time and not knowing how to shift.

bet I know what happened....
Old 10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Derp Status

MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow MoarLow

Originally Posted by I Love (.)(.)
[/I][/B]

bet I know what happened....
x2
Old 10-04-2010, 04:41 AM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

ha, i put 90k miles on my stock tranny with more power mods and a 6 puck clutch. There was also several hundred track runs on it.

You know there's a clutch you can use right?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Havoc

I cant really say much because I have a TRE tranny