Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Spent Thanksgiving day detailing some cars with my dad...

Old 11-27-2009, 05:17 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Spent Thanksgiving day detailing some cars with my dad...

I rarely wash my truck and haven't put any wax on it in nearly 2 years. It's my daily driver and it sits outside 100% of the time. We used Meguiar's paint cleaner w/ a synthetic wool pad on a random orbital 10" and then followed up with Rejex on everything (glass and lights and chrome included). Nothing fancy, but the truck really came out nice for such little upkeep.

For the interior I took the seats out to tackle an area of spilled orange juice and detailed the carpets. Cleaned the trim w/ window cleaner then followed up with Adam's VRT. Also hit all the weather stripping with VRT.

Looks pretty nice for a 2004 w/ nearly 70k on it that doesn't get taken care of cosmetically. Also detailed my mother's CLS550 Mercedes, but she's out doing the Black Friday thing so no pics. It's the first time I've ever detailed on a white car... talk about easy. The tan interior took some time w/ all the smudges, but it looked nice in the end.... at least it has black floormats.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:19 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: Spent Thanksgiving day detailing some cars with my dad...

cool story
Old 11-27-2009, 05:23 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

nice
Old 11-27-2009, 06:02 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Didn't you have it professionally buffed recently? I know it hasn't been 2 years.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

I had it professionally buffed spring of 2008 HERE. So it's been about 20 months since I had that done and I've only washed it twice in that period.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:00 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

There's a lot to be said for NOT washing a car that often. Improper (normal) washing creates most of the micro marring you see on dark vehicles. If you don't wash it very often, you avoid a lot of that.

This is inspiring me though, I need to give the S2000 another serious detail, it's been over 2 years since I've fully detailed it.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Sometimes I'm really happy I don't have a single car I have to detail, or even has real paint.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by FlimFlam
Sometimes I'm really happy I don't have a single car I have to detail, or even has real paint.
Haha... it's actually relaxing detailing the truck and putting some rejex on the race car becuase I don't pay attention to the paint finish. When I used to do a detail on the Corvette it'd take two 10 hour days becaue I'd go OCD and have to clay it first then make it perfect. The truck has swirls, but it's really not bad... the hood and roof could use some light wet sanding, but the rest of it is in surprisingly good condition.

@Flite - yeah I know what you mean about not washing... over washing does create more swirls unless you go nuts w/ the pre-wash foam and double bucket method etc. etc.