VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Gallery (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/)
-   -   Spent my vacation under a car.... Pics inside (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/spent-my-vacation-under-car-pics-inside-352122/)

HEISENBERG 06-25-2010 08:31 AM

Re: Spent my vacation under a car.... Pics inside

I feel your pain. Had something similar happen to me when whoever installed the tranny before I got the car decided to leave a bolt inside the bell housing. A lose 4" bolt and a spinning clutch dont belong in the same place. There was a hole through the housing and initially we thought it was the differential like yours did until the bolt dropped from the housing.

Good luck!

NasTHatch 06-25-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by ProPixel (Post 6403984)
I feel your pain. Had something similar happen to me when whoever installed the tranny before I got the car decided to leave a bolt inside the bell housing. A lose 4" bolt and a spinning clutch dont belong in the same place. There was a hole through the housing and initially we thought it was the differential like yours did until the bolt dropped from the housing.

Good luck!

I laughed when we pulled the tranny and found that, i have never seen something like that before, its a good thing you were local and not in Jay's position

Fabrik8 06-25-2010 09:27 AM

That almost looks like someone scuffed up around the hole in preparation for welding and never got around to welding it. That's probably not what happened, but that's what it looks like. Those scratch marks make far too perfect of a square around the hole to be made by something rattling around.

Cobra4B 06-25-2010 09:59 AM

Probably right... probably a reman case they were fixing and someone forgot to weld that part.

Cobra4B 06-25-2010 10:04 AM

If you google safe search Peter Steele his dong pics still come right up.... awesome :love:

Fabrik8 06-25-2010 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cobra4B (Post 6404153)
If you google safe search Peter Steele his dong pics still come right up.... awesome :love:

I'll remember not to do that. I haven't seen them. LOL...

Jay 06-25-2010 06:31 PM

Chris, I did that to the case. I used a flathead screwdriver from the Fisher-Price 12 piece toolkit to make the scratches to prep for JB Weld. Apparently the hole goes into a small void and not the part of the trans case where the gears and such are. I pulled an all nighter last night and had the car running top notch again this morning. Right now I'm posting from my phone as we left Chicago and are on our way to the 3000GT national meet in Indy.

Sleep time for me. My brain feels like mush.

Edit: if you give me 10,12,14, and 17mm sockets, screwdrivers, prybar, and a hammer, I can build you a 3000GT.

Lord Humongous 06-25-2010 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 6404975)

Edit: if you give me 10,12,14, and 17mm sockets, screwdrivers, prybar, and a hammer, I can build you a 3000GT.

I give you +raep for a good well done

9civic5 06-26-2010 03:45 AM

Damn, dood, that SUCKS! Glad to see you guys got back on the road okay, though. You da man, Jay!

TransAmWS6 06-26-2010 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mecheng88 (Post 6403257)
The hole looks to be pretty messed up. You see the scrape marks around the hole and then it seems like the object that was scraping it finally punched a hole in it. What do you think it was?

robot penis.