VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Gallery (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/)
-   -   Sold my SRT8 :-( Ordered something better :-) (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/sold-my-srt8-ordered-something-better-489852/)

djyuck 07-08-2015 08:54 AM

Sold my SRT8 :-( Ordered something better :-)

OK, so some of you know I've moved to Germany. I got heavily addicted to track days at the Nring and Hring, so (in an ipso facto way), I got tired of my SRT8. She was a FANTASTIC car in nearly every possible way. Just wanted to post sub-9 minute Hring laps and maybe a low-2:0X minute Hring lap, while being able to drive the family to the pool every now and then. Hell, I kept her over 18 months, which is a first for me since about 2010. Anyways, here's what I got rid of:

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a8&oe=56211916

Now, what to buy- I was seriously torn between a '14 ZL1, '16 TT-S (I know, very metro/homo) and a C63. I drove the M3 and M4 and I was pretty happy with the manner in which it stays balanced through a corner- zero understeer and slight oversteer, which is usually user-initiated :D I took it on the Autobahn and at 150 MPH, it feels really smooth, planted and controlled. The brakes are the best brakes I've ever felt on any car- hands down. Here's one spec'd like I'm getting, except I'll have murdered 21" Vossens (just joking)

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91&oe=561FD1F0

So, I am doing the wait with a loaner 328 :-/ The cool thing is I'll get to go to Regensburg, where they are assembled and walk down the assembly line while being assembled w/ the family. Then, a couple days later, I'll drive to Munich and take delivery at the Bimmer HQ and take the M performance driving course. Needless to say, I'm pumped. Looking forward to posting videos on here of my track days. I've been meaning to start a thread of all the cool car shit I see (which is mind blowing- the Euro version of Nopi has strippers, car wash lap dances and other niceties) and just haven't yet. I'll try and get one done in the next week and upload a ton of cool Euro car scene shit. Well, I'd give just about anything for some Chanello's Pizza and that crack sauce. Other than that, I'm pretty content over here. Stay classy VA.

92_SR20 07-08-2015 09:11 AM

Re: Sold my SRT8 :-( Ordered something better :-)

Congrats

:thup:

Scotty_Nooo 07-08-2015 09:57 AM

now i want to move to Germany...

djyuck 07-09-2015 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo (Post 8359229)
now i want to move to Germany...

Yeah, it's pretty fucking fantastic. You pay an insane amount of income tax, but you really have 100% financial security. Unlike America, you don't have millions of people trying to mooch off the government staying on welfare/WIC forever. Anyways, my SRT8 would probably get $25-27k for trade-in in America. It was out of warranty and I still managed to get $30.5k for trade in. American muscle cars here are worth a fortune. My ad on the German equivalent of cars.com got over 1,000 hits in the first 2 days. LOL. People are weird here.

Fabrik8 07-09-2015 04:22 AM

Love the the exterior color, hate the interior color. Or maybe I just don't like the combination. Pretty sexy ride though.

Scotty_Nooo 07-09-2015 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8359286)
Yeah, it's pretty fucking fantastic. You pay an insane amount of income tax, but you really have 100% financial security. Unlike America, you don't have millions of people trying to mooch off the government staying on welfare/WIC forever. Anyways, my SRT8 would probably get $25-27k for trade-in in America. It was out of warranty and I still managed to get $30.5k for trade in. American muscle cars here are worth a fortune. My ad on the German equivalent of cars.com got over 1,000 hits in the first 2 days. LOL. People are weird here.

Yeah if I went there it'd be on a contract, no tax on the first 98K iirc. I take it you're working for a German company or something of the sorts?

djyuck 07-09-2015 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo (Post 8359295)
Yeah if I went there it'd be on a contract, no tax on the first 98K iirc. I take it you're working for a German company or something of the sorts?

Uncle Sam...

Scotty_Nooo 07-09-2015 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8359301)
Uncle Sam...

interesting, i thought all that was tax free.. Meh.

Well if you have any CyberSec / CND / Insider Threat spots open pm me :thup:

keefboz 07-09-2015 03:26 PM

Tax free only in "war zones" and places like Bahrain and Guam. Not in a cushy job in Europe!

I think I might do another tour in Europe and do the exact same thing as you bud, what a wonderful car buying experience!

djyuck 07-09-2015 10:25 PM

Yeah, I pay regular US federal taxes and SC state taxes, which I've been doing for quite a while (the SC thing) since I only pay $300 on taxes for each car I buy, which is pretty often.

^^^ LOL @ those "war zones"... How they get a combat patch, combat pay and combat decorations is beyond my comprehension.

Young L 07-09-2015 11:52 PM

you stationed here? And whats up with that E30?

djyuck 07-10-2015 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Young L (Post 8359360)
you stationed here? And whats up with that E30?

Bruh, that e30 got issues. That's a buddy's. Yeah, I'm like just over an hour away. I'll PM you. Cool to know there's more Driven in Germany.

keefboz 07-10-2015 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8359357)
Yeah, I pay regular US federal taxes and SC state taxes, which I've been doing for quite a while (the SC thing) since I only pay $300 on taxes for each car I buy, which is pretty often.

^^^ LOL @ those "war zones"... How they get a combat patch, combat pay and combat decorations is beyond my comprehension.

I just got HFP and hazardous duty pay in... Djibouti! Haha. I'm not complaining.

Young L 07-10-2015 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8359364)
Bruh, that e30 got issues. That's a buddy's. Yeah, I'm like just over an hour away. I'll PM you. Cool to know there's more Driven in Germany.

Im cool with it having issues, im looking for parts for friends of mine in the states.

djyuck 07-10-2015 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by keefboz (Post 8359378)
I just got HFP and hazardous duty pay in... Djibouti! Haha. I'm not complaining.

I ain't mad at ya. What the hell is over there anyways. I almost got sent there TDY.

keefboz 07-10-2015 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8359403)
I ain't mad at ya. What the hell is over there anyways. I almost got sent there TDY.

Nothing, lots of reservists looking like a bunch of lost ducks.

djyuck 07-11-2015 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 8359288)
Love the the exterior color, hate the interior color. Or maybe I just don't like the combination. Pretty sexy ride though.

Is it that extreme? I was thinking of switching to white.

Young L 07-12-2015 12:29 AM

Not a blue fan myself, white or the dark grey would look better with that interior.

Fabrik8 07-12-2015 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8359457)

I think the blue is gorgeous, I'd switch interior colors if you want to switch anything.

djyuck 07-14-2015 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 8359478)
I think the blue is gorgeous, I'd switch interior colors if you want to switch anything.

Yeah, I may switch to Silverstone (white). I think I may get tired of the red, or being in my upper 30s, it may look a little weird. Lol

djyuck 07-14-2015 08:43 AM

These are the wheels I'm getting. I think they look incredible, just need to eliminate the wheel gap.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3950/...2270e137_b.jpg

idriveahonda 07-16-2015 06:02 AM

Love the color choice. Personally I love the exterior and then the Magma interior (or whatever they call it now).

92_SR20 07-16-2015 09:51 AM

Wheels look great and love the exterior color. I've never been a fan of the brightly colored interiors though, I'm a boring guy :P

blackout 07-26-2015 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8359457)

I'm almost 100% sold on Mineral White. Although I have to say if I were buying this in a video game Sakhir Orange would probably be my first choice, and honestly Austin Yellow is probably my second- and Yas Marina Blue (the blue pictured in this thread for those not stalking the fuck out of the M4 configurator page...) probably my third! SO is no longer available (except through individual), and besides my wife won't let me have any of them. :( All satire aside, the colors are very loud and while I think they look fantastic, I'm going for a more subdued look. These cars look great in any color though so there's that (admittedly the yellow in particular is pretty subjective).

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 8359478)

This^. I think a lot of people don't like the loud interiors (the interior color is Sakhir Orange BTW). In the end, who cares, get what you want. The only thing that would be worth considering is when you go to sell it, the interior might deter some folks- but it's a rare enough car that probably won't make the slightest bit of difference.

Congrats again and looking forward to seeing your delivery journal.

Young L 07-27-2015 02:58 AM

You going to the street culture in nurnberg/furth friday night?

https://www.facebook.com/events/755307514586353/

Deimos 07-29-2015 09:34 PM

You can tell they're real performance cars because they come with drilled rotors /s lol

djyuck 07-31-2015 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Young L (Post 8360456)
You going to the street culture in nurnberg/furth friday night?

https://www.facebook.com/events/755307514586353/

It got canceled :-( I was totally going to go. Ever been to German Street Wars?

djyuck 07-31-2015 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Deimos (Post 8360658)
You can tell they're real performance cars because they come with drilled rotors /s lol

Cool story brah!

djyuck 07-31-2015 05:17 PM

Just switched the color. I didn't realize Sakhir Orange was offered again (it lasted a few month for MY15 and was cut off). I'm pretty ecstatic- SO on Silverstone. Also added Adaptive M suspension officially to the build. I have about a week to decide what else I want to add before my order is unchangeable. Delivery @ Welt has moved to September 3-4th. I'll meet her at the assembly line in Regensburg around 20th-24th of August. Hopefully I'll be back from visiting you naggles in VA/DC. Ill be pissed if I miss it. Anyways, here's SO:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...1&d=1404924638

Young L 08-01-2015 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8360753)
It got canceled :-( I was totally going to go. Ever been to German Street Wars?

nah i havent. I didnt realize till after last years that it was just up past schweinfurt. Hockenheim is having a open drag race weekend right now.

swedge1 08-01-2015 10:06 AM

that orange is awesome!

blackout 08-01-2015 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8360773)
Just switched the color. I didn't realize Sakhir Orange was offered again (it lasted a few month for MY15 and was cut off). I'm pretty ecstatic- SO on Silverstone. Also added Adaptive M suspension officially to the build. I have about a week to decide what else I want to add before my order is unchangeable. Delivery @ Welt has moved to September 3-4th. I'll meet her at the assembly line in Regensburg around 20th-24th of August. Hopefully I'll be back from visiting you naggles in VA/DC. Ill be pissed if I miss it. Anyways, here's SO:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...1&d=1404924638

Best color, hands down. I think orange on orange would have been a bit much, so great choice on the interior too.

So you mean to tell me you can order that color again without coughing up the $5k or so for individual?

This may change some things.

That said, I'm a free afternoon off from traipsing down to one of the myriad dealerships to take a look at one of the 35 or so '15 M4s in this area. Maybe thinking I could chip a bit off of the MSRP with the new MY coming in because for '15 you can only get comfort access with the stupid executive package, which is $4k worth of useless shit (don't fucking need neck coolers, thx). I might end up driving one home. Unless they tell me I can order one in Sakhir Orange.

djyuck 08-02-2015 02:55 PM

Thanks. Yeah, Sakhir Orange is just $550 or whatever the base paint price is. I can't believe in my head I am not getting blue, but I know this truly is a better color. The base price is $63,200 and the price I pay is $58,500ish. No destination fee, but full price for options.

Archer 08-03-2015 04:49 PM

Nice choice. Sakhir Orange is my jam. A customer's sakhir orange M6 is probably my favorite project car we've worked with this year. So sexual.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...psjabicpo4.jpg

You should stop by the shop I run to check out some BMWs and chat about future mods while you're in VA/DC. It's called RRT and we're located in Sterling just west of Dulles. We specialize in building BMW race/street cars and have already had our hands on quite a few M3/M4s.

Nightkid 08-04-2015 09:30 AM

The orange color exterior look really mean that almost tells you it's packed with serious power, unlike the bright blue more like the stand out show look.

A34 08-04-2015 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Archer (Post 8360917)
Nice choice. Sakhir Orange is my jam. A customer's sakhir orange M6 is probably my favorite project car we've worked with this year. So sexual.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...psjabicpo4.jpg

You should stop by the shop I run to check out some BMWs and chat about future mods while you're in VA/DC. It's called RRT and we're located in Sterling just west of Dulles. We specialize in building BMW race/street cars and have already had our hands on quite a few M3/M4s.

I think I've seen this car at a meet before. I might actually stop in sometime this week, I work in Sterling.

djyuck 08-11-2015 12:46 PM

OK, my poor CA (saleswoman, but Bimmerfags like to be PC and call them Client Advisors or some gay shit)... I've changed my color- yet again. Fuck my life, I'm such a fucking woman I can't make up my mind. Well, I switched to Austin Yellow. Someone in my little Bavarian city just picked up a Sakhir Orange M4 and it really doesn't look as good in person as I remembered. At least, though, I added a couple options just to drain my account a little more. Anyways, my order is now locked and it will begin production in two weeks. I'm flying to USA (1st time in 15 months) for my daughter's med appt. in Chucktown. When I get back, I'll head to Regensburg and hopefully see it go through the assembly line (imagine that selfie). Then, the first week in September, I pick her up @ BMW Welt and do donuts in their front lawn (not really, but it will be hard to resist). Holy fuck, this wait is killing me. It drives me nuts seeing R8s buzz by and my boys at the N and HRing doing track days. Winters here a LOOOONG, so I'll have it about 8 weeks until she gets platooned into winter status. Anyways, here's exactly what she'll look like (switched to these larger wheels and went from white to black interior). http://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...14201108_1.jpg

Young L 08-12-2015 08:08 AM

planning a ring trip 12-13 sept. you follow the ring trip planner fb page?

Reloaded 08-12-2015 02:54 PM

I like the yellow.

Then again I like obnoxiously colored cars.

djyuck 08-12-2015 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Young L (Post 8361425)
planning a ring trip 12-13 sept. you follow the ring trip planner fb page?

No. PM me a link. I was planning on going to German Race Wars that weekend, but going to the Ring (or Spa) the following weekend.