VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Gallery (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/)
-   -   Sold my SRT8 :-( Ordered something better :-) (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/sold-my-srt8-ordered-something-better-489852/)

djyuck 07-08-2015 08:54 AM

Sold my SRT8 :-( Ordered something better :-)

OK, so some of you know I've moved to Germany. I got heavily addicted to track days at the Nring and Hring, so (in an ipso facto way), I got tired of my SRT8. She was a FANTASTIC car in nearly every possible way. Just wanted to post sub-9 minute Hring laps and maybe a low-2:0X minute Hring lap, while being able to drive the family to the pool every now and then. Hell, I kept her over 18 months, which is a first for me since about 2010. Anyways, here's what I got rid of:

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a8&oe=56211916

Now, what to buy- I was seriously torn between a '14 ZL1, '16 TT-S (I know, very metro/homo) and a C63. I drove the M3 and M4 and I was pretty happy with the manner in which it stays balanced through a corner- zero understeer and slight oversteer, which is usually user-initiated :D I took it on the Autobahn and at 150 MPH, it feels really smooth, planted and controlled. The brakes are the best brakes I've ever felt on any car- hands down. Here's one spec'd like I'm getting, except I'll have murdered 21" Vossens (just joking)

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91&oe=561FD1F0

So, I am doing the wait with a loaner 328 :-/ The cool thing is I'll get to go to Regensburg, where they are assembled and walk down the assembly line while being assembled w/ the family. Then, a couple days later, I'll drive to Munich and take delivery at the Bimmer HQ and take the M performance driving course. Needless to say, I'm pumped. Looking forward to posting videos on here of my track days. I've been meaning to start a thread of all the cool car shit I see (which is mind blowing- the Euro version of Nopi has strippers, car wash lap dances and other niceties) and just haven't yet. I'll try and get one done in the next week and upload a ton of cool Euro car scene shit. Well, I'd give just about anything for some Chanello's Pizza and that crack sauce. Other than that, I'm pretty content over here. Stay classy VA.

92_SR20 07-08-2015 09:11 AM

Re: Sold my SRT8 :-( Ordered something better :-)

Congrats

:thup:

Scotty_Nooo 07-08-2015 09:57 AM

now i want to move to Germany...

djyuck 07-09-2015 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo (Post 8359229)
now i want to move to Germany...

Yeah, it's pretty fucking fantastic. You pay an insane amount of income tax, but you really have 100% financial security. Unlike America, you don't have millions of people trying to mooch off the government staying on welfare/WIC forever. Anyways, my SRT8 would probably get $25-27k for trade-in in America. It was out of warranty and I still managed to get $30.5k for trade in. American muscle cars here are worth a fortune. My ad on the German equivalent of cars.com got over 1,000 hits in the first 2 days. LOL. People are weird here.

Fabrik8 07-09-2015 04:22 AM

Love the the exterior color, hate the interior color. Or maybe I just don't like the combination. Pretty sexy ride though.

Scotty_Nooo 07-09-2015 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8359286)
Yeah, it's pretty fucking fantastic. You pay an insane amount of income tax, but you really have 100% financial security. Unlike America, you don't have millions of people trying to mooch off the government staying on welfare/WIC forever. Anyways, my SRT8 would probably get $25-27k for trade-in in America. It was out of warranty and I still managed to get $30.5k for trade in. American muscle cars here are worth a fortune. My ad on the German equivalent of cars.com got over 1,000 hits in the first 2 days. LOL. People are weird here.

Yeah if I went there it'd be on a contract, no tax on the first 98K iirc. I take it you're working for a German company or something of the sorts?

djyuck 07-09-2015 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo (Post 8359295)
Yeah if I went there it'd be on a contract, no tax on the first 98K iirc. I take it you're working for a German company or something of the sorts?

Uncle Sam...

Scotty_Nooo 07-09-2015 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by djyuck (Post 8359301)
Uncle Sam...

interesting, i thought all that was tax free.. Meh.

Well if you have any CyberSec / CND / Insider Threat spots open pm me :thup:

keefboz 07-09-2015 03:26 PM

Tax free only in "war zones" and places like Bahrain and Guam. Not in a cushy job in Europe!

I think I might do another tour in Europe and do the exact same thing as you bud, what a wonderful car buying experience!

djyuck 07-09-2015 10:25 PM

Yeah, I pay regular US federal taxes and SC state taxes, which I've been doing for quite a while (the SC thing) since I only pay $300 on taxes for each car I buy, which is pretty often.

^^^ LOL @ those "war zones"... How they get a combat patch, combat pay and combat decorations is beyond my comprehension.