Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

View Poll Results: Round 1: #3
vmspionage
30.67%
Flite
69.33%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Round 1: #3 - vmspionage vs Flite

Old 07-11-2010, 08:35 PM
eng
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng
Default Round 1: #3 - vmspionage vs Flite

Originally Posted by vmspionage
back from the dead

Year/Make/Model: 2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series

Vehicle History/Summary: It's my daily. 100% stock.

Modifications
It's stock dummy

Engine/Exhaust/Drivetrain: stock 6.3L AMG V8 (507hp 465tq), redesigned intake/exhaust, multi plate locking limited slip differential (30% load, 10% overrun), 7 speed transmission with revised gear ratios, internals, and programming (20% faster shifts in manual mode)

Suspension/Brakes: stock 3-way adjustable coil-over suspension, 3 added cross braces (engine, midpoint, trunk), 14.2"/13.0" 2 piece brakes, 6 piston calipers

Wheels/Tires: stock forged aluminum wheels, pilot sport PS2 tires, widened track (75mm front 66mm rear)

Exterior: stock

Interior/Audio: stock

more pics here: http://www.neotek-industries.com/Jeff/CLK/

vs

Originally Posted by Flite
Year/Make/Model:
2004 / Honda / S2000

Vehicle History/Summary:
Bought stock 2 1/2years ago.
If you're looking for an S2000 that follows the current recipe for "dopeness", you're going to have to look elsewhere. Despite being a "sunny day" car, I like to drive it hard when I drive it. I tried big aggressive wheels when I first bought the car, but the penalty paid in the handling department wasn't worth the look in my opinion. I ditched the 19" HREs and went with the current wheels/tires. Coupled with the custom valved KW V3 coilovers (Maserati MC12 and Viper ACR run KWs by the way), it handles absolutely great. I kept the ride height high enough that my roll center isn't under the car and so it could be driven care-free on the roads around here. Adding the Recaro SPGs only added to the feel of the car. They're not the flashiest way to spend a couple thousand bucks, but if you've ever driven a car with quality race buckets you understand how much better they make the driving experience. With the chassis and handling characteristics improved so much, the engine now felt underwelming. Forced induction was the obvious choice to fix this. The only real question was "turbo or supercharger?". I really considered turbo for a while, but decided I'd prefer to keep the stock powercurve and throttle response rather than make bigger numbers at the cost of turbo lag and potential reliability problems. Science of Speed (known for building extremly fast supercharged NSXs) released their supercharger kit for the S2000 which could be upgraded to a Novi 1220 SL blower which is self lubricated and capable of making well over 400whp. The ease of installation and Science of Speed's reputation made this the easy choice for me. I say "ease of installation" because I do all my own work on the car. To date, nothing has been done in a professional shop other than put it on the dyno. Now it drives the way it should. The wheels are aggressive enough to look good, but fit well enough that it can be driven hard. It's about 100hp up on the stock numbers, but still quiet and easy to drive.

Modifications
Engine/Exhaust/Drivetrain:
~Science of Speed stage 2 aftercooled supercharger kit
~ARC Ti cooling plate
~Mugen bolts
~Science of Speed hood dampers

Suspension/Brakes:
~Custom valved KW V3 coilovers on 10k springs front and rear.

Wheels/Tires:
~Advan RZ wheels, 17x8.5 front and 17x9 rear. +45 offset all the way around.
~Dunlop Direzza Start Spec tires, 255 rear, 225 front.

Exterior:
~APR front lip
~shaved front badge
~really shiney paint

Interior/Audio:
~Recaro SPG seats
~JPM alcantara shift boot
~JPM alcantera/leather elbow pad with contrast blue stiching
~Voodoo Ti shift knob
~Alpine head unit
~Infinity speakers
~Custom iPod mounting
~SuperBright LED map lights

Last edited by Flite; 07-14-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage
Default Re: Round 1: #3 - vmspionage vs Flite

I voted for you Flite. That's one of my favorite S2Ks.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:53 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Spank you very much... and I'm sure you know I think the Black Series is awesome.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Fliteypoo... can't vote for you... the ballerness of the AMG black series is just too much... it's like a black hole.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:17 AM
HHIC

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Fliteypoo... can't vote for you... the ballerness of the AMG black series is just too much... it's like a black hole.
Fine.... No more cuddle time for you!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Well my vote doesn't much matter.... after I placed it I saw that you are running away with it. I drove my mom's CLS550 around last week when they were in town on vacation... we took it to OBX and back last Tuesday.... American cars, especially Corvettes, really suck
Old 07-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

i'm voted for the only modified car in this thread... a stock baller car shouldn't win..
Old 07-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Fanboi

Why not? Is this contest about which car has more blood/sweat/tears into it or which one is overall the nicer car? Is it which one is the better performer? Or, is it simply which one you'd rather drive?

I mean some people on here have modded their cars like crazy but the cars still suck. Does that mean it's better than a stock McLaren F1 because the owner customized it?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 AM
HHIC

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Does that mean it's better than a stock McLaren F1 because the owner customized it?
What a stupid question. Obviously the answer is "yes".
Old 07-14-2010, 09:21 AM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

I was referring to this exact thing in my contest thread. There isn't really one certain thing people are voting on. This contest is really generic and its interpretation is left up to each individual voter.

Quick Reply: Round 1: #3 - vmspionage vs Flite