Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Restoration/build: 72' 240z

Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Default Restoration/build: 72' 240z

Ever since the first time I saw a 240z, I knew I had to have one. Well, now I do. Previously- every car I'd looked at was a rustbucket, or a shitpile. This particular car has been a southwestern car for most of its life- leaving it pretty much rust free. The body is straight, the frame rails are solid, the paint is shiny- hell even all the rubber boots under the car are rip-free. The motor (which I'm still researching) is a re-built (yes, paperwork) later 2.8L L28 motor with a P90 head. Should get me somewhere around 190-200ish Hp. For now...
The previous owner of the car had a little wiring mishap and decided to replace the entire harness, but stopped before ripping it all out. Luckily, I studied electronics etc. for four years in tech academy- and have been messing with car wiring for quite a while. The PO purchased an 'E-Z wiring' kit for the car and after reviewing the instructions, schematics, and the harness and car itself, I believe this is a job I can tackle.

With that being said there will be ALOT going on with this car and I'm beyond stoked to be doing it.

Fucking shitty camera died. MOAR when I can find someone to come shoot some pichas

First step is to clean up and prepare for everything. I'm going to be exposing what little rust there is on the floorboards- then sealing it with either POR-15 (or something like it) or some of that rubberized sealant. All of the sound-deadening is well, shitty and that's all gonna go. After the interior is sealed/painted I'll be moving to the engine bay and pulling the motor and preparing for wiring... but thats down the road.

Last edited by Kris.Is.Foamin; 12-11-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: Restoration/build: 72' 240z

Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

i'm very excited about this, krissy-poo.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

subscribed
Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge

the L28 is a 2.8L. good find,
Old 12-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by Daft Punk

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'

i'm very excited about this, krissy-poo.

Originally Posted by Niburu
subscribed

Originally Posted by iHeartTouge
the L28 is a 2.8L.
Thanks for the correction.

Are you pretty knowledgeable with these cars? I've got some questions I'd like to ask someone who knows a bit.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Are you pretty knowledgeable with these cars? I've got some questions I'd like to ask someone who knows a bit.
flimflam's had one for a while... supposedly.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Kris,

I was about to look into getting one of these. Did you trade the Del Sol for it? The new project is pimp
Old 12-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Got Swagg?

FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW

I approve!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

ImportImage is a jewel in the roughImportImage is a jewel in the roughImportImage is a jewel in the roughImportImage is a jewel in the roughImportImage is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
He has a 240z and 280z

Quick Reply: Restoration/build: 72' 240z