Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Race video from Road Atlanta this weekend [June Jam with NASA SouthEast]

Old 06-18-2012, 04:54 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Race video from Road Atlanta this weekend [June Jam with NASA SouthEast]

Saturday's Thunder group race. Qualified 1st in class, but finished 2nd to Mark Nunnally (red Z06 that passes me). Was supposed to be in 5th (inside 3rd row) to start, but the 3rp position car had blown up in qualifying so I got the "lucky bump" into 3rd for the start. First time racing on 245 A6s... they did OK, but not even close to optimal. Car became a handful after a few hot laps. Overall a great weekend with good buddies. Car and self all in one piece! Video camera died on Sunday's race. Finished 2nd in class again.

http://youtu.be/4Oi1xglhfTE Better highlight video from the guy who beat me who does video production by trade.

http://vimeo.com/44268014 ~Brian

EDIT...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8t8qogzmmo96sg/RA%20-%20NASA%20ST2%20-%2006-17-12%20Rear%20Thunder%20Qualifying.mov Chasing a detuned (but still very very fast) ST2 GTR qualifying. Guy just sent me the vieo from his rear mounted Go-Pro.

Last edited by Cobra4B; 07-09-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:57 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo
Default Re: Race video from Road Atlanta this weekend [June Jam with NASA SouthEast]

Thankfully you didn't end up like this guy, took out a deer in turn 1 @ Summit Point.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:11 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Race video from Road Atlanta this weekend [June Jam with NASA SouthEast]

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo
Thankfully you didn't end up like this guy, took out a deer in turn 1 @ Summit Point.
Saw that video last night... craziness!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:14 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Saw that video last night... craziness!
Yeah it was, they had to close the track for an hour to clean up deer. Outside of that it was a great time. You running at VIR July 21-22nd?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Fanboi

Yessir... will be racing ST2.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

That vette faired better than I though. Bumper, fender, hood, winshield and new seat cover after he shit himself (i would have)
Old 06-18-2012, 05:54 AM
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to try this, car sounds real good and looks like you had a good time, how fast are you going around the 3:10 mark in the video, and also around 4:50ish in the video the black c6 in front of you is that the taillight hanging by the wires on the pass side? lol
Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 AM
stupidity, no limits

thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam

Ive also heard a6's are not good for long uses IE used just for drag, because of the heat cycle on them etc. r6's would be a better setup for you, wouldst they?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by ferio
Would love to try this...

How fast are you going around the 3:10 mark in the video?
I'm going anywhere from 147-151 based on my Traqmate data.

Around 4:50ish in the video the black c6 in front of you is that the taillight hanging by the wires on the pass side? lol
Yep... ended up coming off, but not while he was anywhere near me.

Originally Posted by thenameskam
Ive also heard a6's are not good for long uses IE used just for drag, because of the heat cycle on them etc. r6's would be a better setup for you, wouldst they?
A6s aren't a drag race tire at all. They're a road race tire. R6s are garbage... 2 seconds a lap slower than As. My issue was that I set up my car for an all out TimeTrial setup where we run 2-3 hot laps max going for best lap time. The 245s allow me to run more power and be lighter. It works for TT as I set the current VIR TTA record of 2:03.65 on this setup. The problem is the tires are a bit too small for a 30-40 minute race and they get hot. Everyone who's fast races on As. A 275 or 295 A6 would have no issue lasting the race, but then I'd have to take a bunch of other stuff off of my car... that's the challenge of running the PT class with NASA, figuring out which combo of mods and tires works best within the rules.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:36 PM
stupidity, no limits

thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam

I don't know why i said drag. i meant autocross. from my understand is there a 1 minute run tire and get over heated very very quickly. Obviously you know your stuff more than I.. record holding and all.. Definitely looked like fun by the way.

Quick Reply: Race video from Road Atlanta this weekend [June Jam with NASA SouthEast]