Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Project Rx7: Done. (56k, go read BroBro4Bro threads)

Old 07-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts
Default Project Rx7: Done. (56k, go read BroBro4Bro threads)

I attempted to make a build thread when I first started, but I didn't think my slow and steady pace would have made for too interesting of a thread. I decided to wait until I was done and post what pictures I had taken.

As some of you know, I had my uber awesome accident out on Independence almost 2 years ago, 2 years next month actually.

This was the aftermath:

As well as me being in a short cast and knee brace for a few months.

Finally got around to sourcing parts and rebuilding it little by little. Replacing the entire front end, including the crushed Core Support. In retrospect, it wasn't fun.

Well, after all that, about 3 months ago, a good friend of mine on LookOut was selling a cheap 89 T2 shell, in 90-95% condition with only 78k miles on it. I jumped right on it, getting it home, including the dolly rental, for only $90.

So it began, my first complete tear down, and build up. Once again, I took this at my own slow and steady pace so as to not mess anything up.

Here is the first day I brought it home, next to the car I just finished rebuilding.

Here was the interior condition, completely empty.

After priming the entire car:

First attempt at painting, with shitty primer-like paint:

Engine kinda in, then totally in and hooked up.

Finally getting around to chassis wiring and dash install:

N/A Hood, didn't overheat at all much to my surprise, will have to do until I can snag a frontmount:

...and painted...

Me at 6am this morning, wanting to get this shit fucking done finally:

AND FINALLY... 100% done, taken about an hour and a half ago. Along with the brave soldier in the back, getting sent to the scrap yard tomorrow.

It does have FULL interior as well, just didn't think to take a picture of it.

About the car:

Before all of this action, the car had a little done to it.

Ported, FD Oil Pump, OS Giken Twin Disc Clutch and Flywheel, some ghetto coilovers(Rebuilt/Valved AGXs, Custom Rate RS-R Springs, MAD TYTE JDM Knightsports Camber Plates), Racing Beat Turbo-Back Exhaust.

Only thing added during the build, E-Fan and BNR Stage 1 Turbo. Well besides an all new chassis, but that's a given.

Now I'm out this bitch, I think I'm gonna sleep for like 24 hours.

Last edited by Lawlercaust; 07-16-2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: I SPEEL GUD
Old 07-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703
Default Re: Project Rx7: Done. (56k, go read BroBro4Bro threads)

Not bad, the red rims kinda make it look like a christmas theme
Old 07-16-2009, 06:01 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

damn. not a fan of that green, but to each his own.

drift wreck?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

No drift wreck, idiot pulling out in the middle of stop and go traffic wreck.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703

Thought you said you were going to sleep for 24 hours. wtf, jk. Did your paintjob come out smooth or does it have a rough feel?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

jus10 is a jewel in the roughjus10 is a jewel in the roughjus10 is a jewel in the roughjus10 is a jewel in the roughjus10 is a jewel in the rough

I miss the 7k+ or whatever RPM fireballs at Lynnhaven Mall's small parking garage thing.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Originally Posted by team703
Thought you said you were going to sleep for 24 hours. wtf, jk. Did your paintjob come out smooth or does it have a rough feel?
Its kind of an odd paint, it has the look of primer with gloss. My cousin used it for doing frames for motorcylces and atvs. Couldn't beat it for the price, he just let me have it. If I put a few hours into it, some wet sanding and rubbing compound I could shine it up like he does for his bike builds, but I kinda like the flat look to it.

Plus I wont turn into a whiny bitch when I scratch it this way. haha
Old 07-16-2009, 06:17 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by P-Money
No drift wreck, idiot pulling out in the middle of stop and go traffic wreck.
haha ok good, if it was a darker green and the wheels were a diffrent color i could deff dig it.

congrats on the build though
Old 07-17-2009, 05:36 PM
iHRTboost

t24todd has disabled reputation

damn nice turn over. going to take it to hrrc rotary meetup tomaro??? id like to see it in person
Old 07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

SlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by t24todd
damn nice turn over. going to take it to hrrc rotary meetup tomaro??? id like to see it in person
That club still alive? I used to hang with them in the early 2000. I think Randy was the President.

Quick Reply: Project Rx7: Done. (56k, go read BroBro4Bro threads)