Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

post your build, something you worked on!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:48 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: post your build, something you worked on!

Originally Posted by jdb821
Haha, this is about the responses I expected. It's interesting how not one of you posted your car. Build in progress, in school on minimum funds, put 5 grand into, sanded it my self, did the body work. Came up with my own design for and intake and made. I want to see your cars. I'm looking for well thought out criticism.
So while you're in school with minimum funds, you dump $5K into a car that probably wasn't worth $5k to begin with just so you can eventually sell it for $3K

Does not compute.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

Originally Posted by Computer_Nerd
saving this thread. it's unique. me and one other guy built it.

... and yes, it is as fun to drive as you would imagine. push button start, leather interior, simpson harnesses, side pipes, no mufflers, no cats, mustang 302 v8 engine.
That's pretty bad ass looking. Kit car I'm guessing? Is it similar to a Factory 5 kit where you cannibalize parts off of a donor Mustang, or was it just the engine?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:55 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Haha, this is about the responses I expected. It's interesting how not one of you posted your car. Build in progress, in school on minimum funds, put 5 grand into, sanded it my self, did the body work. Came up with my own design for and intake and made. I want to see your cars. I'm looking for well thought out criticism.
I just didn't post mine because my parts from Taiwan aren't here yet. Can't be overnighted.

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
So while you're in school with minimum funds, you dump $5K into a car that probably wasn't worth $5k to begin with just so you can eventually sell it for $3K

Does not compute.
... and yet every day a new person does it and tries to defend their decision.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

ill play along a bit.

gaming pc i put together last year. sandybridge i5, gtx 560ti, 8gb gskill ripjaw memory, 1.5tbhdd, antec kuhler hyrdo cooling

had this since i was 17 and put work into it when i have the spare cash and time. 99gsr, oem itr wing, race valved koni yellows/ground controls, chasebays milspec, jdm gsr with s2 intake manifold, circuit hero goodies, itr strut bar, cx racing dual core full rad and more shit i cant remember right now
Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 AM
EH2/3 hoarder

0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg

put 5 grand into
Op, is the $5000 in a little envelope somewhere in the car? If so where?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

It's been on for over two years, and water never reaches the upper part of the intake, but I really appreciate the uneducated input.
There is nothing uneducated about running a cold air intake inches from the ground. Whats it give your Barney Fife? An extra 3whp maybe? Did you even dyno to see if it made that much of a difference? Lets get into the fart cannon you put on the back of this car. The extra noise didn't make the car faster. At most another 3-5whp with your dingle cam weed eater motor.

But to add to the thread

Currently building a 03 Wrangler on 1ton axles stretched to a 103-105 wheel base
Some pictures

This is my DD 01 Wrangler
Bought it with 33's and a 2in lift

Since then I've installed 4in lift, 1.25 body lift, 1in motor mount lift, sye kit with driveshaft, 4.88 gears, hp 30 front axle, lockers front/back, rocker skid, adjustable front trackbar, swaybar quick disconnects, 35x12.50/15 Goodyear MTR's, 15x8 soft 8 wheels, rear tire carrier bumper with matching spare tire, hi-lift jack mount to the roll bar, cb radio/mount/antenna, luk stage 1 clutch, came with a softtop and I purchased a hardtop for it as well, windshield mount lights. Got a winch for it in the garage. All I can remember at the moment

I've built some Honda/nissan/mitsubishi a long time ago when I was 18-23 but prefer 4wd's now. A truck later in the future to haul my 4wds around and then I want to start a muscle car project.

My last car I built was a 240sx I got for free. Installed a sr20, drove it for a few months and sold it for double profit

s14 seats front/back

Last edited by -JB-; 02-13-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo

This is my third car I have had and I have been working on it, on and off, for the past 11 months.

Before..

After..

Rear part of the car after it was dry iced and I started sanding

Down to bare metal like the bay was

and finished

If anybody interested in seeing more (or wants more information about the build), I have a ton of more pictures, so just let me know!

and the car overall

Old 02-13-2013, 09:34 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by jaqattack02
That's pretty bad ass looking. Kit car I'm guessing? Is it similar to a Factory 5 kit where you cannibalize parts off of a donor Mustang, or was it just the engine?
yes, kit car. you get the fiberglass, frame, and most of the suspension. everything else you build.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by Computer_Nerd
yes, kit car. you get the fiberglass, frame, and most of the suspension. everything else you build.
it's a sexy car. got all those middle school girls all hot and bothered that time we went to dinner with tainty.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:37 PM
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
it's a sexy car. got all those middle school girls all hot and bothered that time we went to dinner with tainty.
I must get one.

C5 z06 647 whp 603 torque

Quick Reply: post your build, something you worked on!