Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

PAS: 1968 Griggs GR350 Mustang Coupe

Old 12-17-2009, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default PAS: 1968 Griggs GR350 Mustang Coupe

Here at Performance Autosport, as many already know, we make Mustangs handle. It's not that we are afraid to go straight, it's just we prefer to use the middle pedal from time to time. And notice I said middle pedal...that means 3 as all good racecars should have! I kiid, I kiid.

Annnnyways...Don, our lead fabricator, has been building his '68 Mustang coupe for the past several years and I finally got around to taking it out for a really half-ass photoshoot so I could post it for sale on our website as he's recently decided to sell it.

Quick backstory:

This '68 Mustang started out as a plain maroon coupe, spent most of it's life in Saratoga, California. It was purchased new at Paul Swanson Ford in nearby Los Gatos and was sold in 1995 to a friend of mine who intended to restore it for his Mother (that project lost steam and the car sat in a carport under cover). The car has never been wrecked or rusted.

I bought it in 1997 as a project for myself. I replaced the tired 302 with a 5.0 engine from a low-mileage '91 Mustang, and drove it for a few years as is until I started collecting parts for a total restoration in 2000. The car went to Consola fabrication in San Carlos, California where it received hand made steel wheel flares, emblem removal, and a color change to a Jaguar dark blue (it happens to be the same color as the 2001 Bullitt Mustang in blue).

I bought all of the suspension and brake parts from Griggs Racing Products and added the entire GR-350 suspension package (used on SCCA World Challenge Mustangs in the late 1990's), I added the Griggs/Sierra 4on4 brakes at the same time. I then upgraded the engine to Trick Flow twisted wedge heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Holley 650 carburetor, a custom ground road race cam, JetHot coated BBK headers, aluminum rocker arms, Edelbrock water pump, and Canton road race oil pan. The transmission is a T-5Z from Ford Racing, the rear axle is an 8.8 from a '91 Mustang which has been upgraded with 31 spline axles and a Torsen T-2 differential. I also added a Fuel Safe 22 gallon sportsman fuel cell and a Canton Accusump oil accumulator for keeping the engine lubed under high G loads, a custom Griffin aluminum "big block" radiator with dual electric fans controlled by a SPAL thermostatic controller. The tires are Toyo R888 275-40-17 on '03 Cobra wheels and work very well on the street and on the road course (even in the rain).

The interior features a JME gauge panel, cut-pile black carpet, Recaro SRD seats with custom blue stitching, a custom four point roll bar, and a custom switch panel for ignition/accusump/and cooling fans- all within reach of a driver strapped in with the five point harnesses.
The car is just plain badass. I've started to hate Mustangs over the years, but I have such love for this '68. It's beautiful, it handles amazingly, it stops retardedly well, and it sounds like two angels having dirty, dirty sex at full song.

But enough of that, here are some pictures.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: PAS: 1968 Griggs GR350 Mustang Coupe

Registered Member

Registered Member

Thats how we roll.

Thanks for looking as always.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:54 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

ohmylawdy...
Old 12-17-2009, 06:55 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Really like the color, nice car all around. Great work.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Bad ass Kevin. When I get rich I'm gona race a Mustang too!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:59 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Ok that's pretty fucking cool.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:06 AM
the DA in HONDA

power_neo has a spectacular aura aboutpower_neo has a spectacular aura about

sick..
Old 12-17-2009, 07:06 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

What's he asking for it Kevin? ie, there is his asking price and what he would take for it.

Quick Reply: PAS: 1968 Griggs GR350 Mustang Coupe