Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Opinions Wanted

Old 06-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Zombies found Waldo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie
Default Opinions Wanted

My father bought a 79 Ford Ranchero. It has the original 351M in it. The motor is at a machine shop now getting rebuilt. He has taken everything off the car now and is sanding each individual piece down to paint it. He is doing the paint himself. He wants to paint the car black. Real original I know, but that is what he wants. But he is having a fit because he can't figure out what to do about the bumpers and trim. They are supposed to be chrome. But all the trim has seen better days. He called around and to rechrome his bumpers they are going to be $350 a piece. Plus the trim, (bed rails, headlight trim, grille, etc.) Its going to cost about 1k. He doesnt want to spend that much though.

So he is throwing around the idea of painting them black to match the body. I am not sure how I feel about the idea and he wants another opinion so here I am...

What do you guys think? Spend the money and re-chrome or paint it black.

Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

I realize this car isn't everyone's cup of tea but please keep this thread clear of BS.

Here is the car the day he bought it. Only difference is now its in pieces

Old 06-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: Opinions Wanted

dang nice find, how much did he snipe it for?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

I want it
Old 06-11-2009, 10:47 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

if you are going to do a project, do it right

chrome them. and maybe keep all the trim, and have the trim painted. but def. get the bumpers chromed, it will make it that much better of a restoration. don't half ass it
Old 06-11-2009, 10:48 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Wait...a 351M?

There's only a 351 winsor or a cleveland
Old 06-11-2009, 10:52 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
dang nice find, how much did he snipe it for?
I'm not surprised to hear that coming from a dirty Mexican.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:55 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Chrome it
Old 06-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Wait...a 351M?

There's only a 351 winsor or a cleveland
Incorrect sir. It's a 351M. Also known as the 351 Modified. It was the work horse. Not a lot of power but tough as shit. They used them in the heavier pickups.

He got the car in Cali when he was there for 6 months. I believe he said he picked it up for $700. Then drove it back to va... Cost him 1k in gas back when gas was hitting $4 a gallon. But he said it was worth it. He loves the car.

Jus_Dubin, the car is not technically a full restore. Parts for these cars are impossible to find. You pretty much have to do with what you got. As you can see from the pictures he is missing a turn signal. yeah, $60 for a used one.

It also does not sit stock. It's been lowered, we both like the way it sits. He just wants it to look good at this point.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey good lookin'

Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit Misfit

Most definitely chrome them janks.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:01 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Ohhh, ok well i still think the chrome would make it pop alot more, unless he is trying to (for lack of a better term) murder it out, it could be dope.

Quick Reply: Opinions Wanted