Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

For now, my Civic is Done.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Function > Form

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Default Re: For now, my Civic is Done.

Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
drums are perfectly fine for my car for right now...i'll do a rear disc swap eventually
It is your car but If it were me, I would make that a priority.

I know it doesn't take much to stop a car of that weight but I also know I would MUCH rather have the ability and extra assurance that some nice disks would provide.

for you, regardless. Keep hitting the track...
Old 07-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic

Nice work!

A few things you should know about the track and your car.

The car will be fine, though, you will probably want more rear sway bar to reduce understeer.

The brakes are fine as is. With an FF car on sticky tires and a track, rear brakes aren't as critical as some might think. You'll likely be picking up a rear wheel in almost all the hard braking turns anyways. But, drums suck up a lot of pedal travel, so it makes the pedal feel not as firm. So be sure to keep up with the adjustments on the drums to minimize this. I'd suggest you check them after every track day to make sure they are still adjusted properly (if not a couple times throughout the day). However, a rear disc conversion will significantly improve the pedal feel. Also, drums grab so their braking force is not linear to pedal force. For a beginner on track, it's not a huge burden or anything. Besides, being able to make the most of any car no matter what parts are on it, is the sign of a true driver.

And the N2O is pointless for track. No HPDE events or open track days ever allow N2O on track.

What you have done to this car for the track, is almost text book. It's the way more people should do things. You'll probably blow by some punk noob with their $3000+ brake upgraded M3 in your fist session, if you haven't already (I did, and I was in a lead boat with stock brakes). Learn to drive, find your limits, and find where the car limits you. Then work on improving both limits. And you may eventually find you need a better car to reach your own limits (don't hate me for saying that, I'm only saying that from my own personal experience). Have fun with it, maybe I'll see you at an event some time.

Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 07-15-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:26 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
It is your car but If it were me, I would make that a priority.

I know it doesn't take much to stop a car of that weight but I also know I would MUCH rather have the ability and extra assurance that some nice disks would provide.

for you, regardless. Keep hitting the track...
Actually rear disks would provide more fade resistance than drums.. stopping power not so much.

And seriously people do you FUCKING READ>?????

Its a NOS subwoofer. Says so right there in the first post....
Old 07-15-2009, 01:30 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Hmmm... I don't heel-toe in the traditional way... feet are too big and legs too long in most cars. I brake w/ the left 1/2 of the ball of my rt foot and then roll my foot to the right to blip the gas. Slick pedals would result in my foot slipping off the brake pedal.
What size shoe do you wear?

I wear a size 13, and I can heel-toe like normal (ball of foot on brake, heel on gas). Of course, I'm also pigeon toed like a motherfucker, so I'm naturally predisposed to being able to turn my leg at that sharp of an angle lol
Old 07-15-2009, 01:32 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

nevermind, didnt see lv2turn's post.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Function > Form

RobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shawn22
What size shoe do you wear?

I wear a size 13, and I can heel-toe like normal (ball of foot on brake, heel on gas). Of course, I'm also pigeon toed like a motherfucker, so I'm naturally predisposed to being able to turn my leg at that sharp of an angle lol
I wear a size 12 but my feet are shaped like goddamn squares, so I use the method Brian described.. but then again the pedals are close and leg movement in the B is limited.

Oh and I think OP will be perfectly fine with drums like the other guy said the key thing is keeping them maintained and adjusted properly.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

Originally Posted by RobertE
Oh and I think OP will be perfectly fine with drums like the other guy said the key thing is keeping them maintained and adjusted properly.
that's something i'm going to have to learn to do...my first time having to learn about drums

i would love to heel-toe...but my size 13's just won't do it...i'm the complete opposite shawn22, i'm more like a duck
Old 07-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Registered member

John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M

what ecu are you running. i have a b16b in my hatch with a 99-00 si tranny. and im running a jdm b16 ecu and it seems to run alright till i hit 3rd then it falls on its face lol
Old 07-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Originally Posted by Captain JDM
what ecu are you running. i have a b16b in my hatch with a 99-00 si tranny. and im running a jdm b16 ecu and it seems to run alright till i hit 3rd then it falls on its face lol
Torque converter overload
Old 07-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered member

John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Torque converter overload
I was thinking that mad jdm vtec crossover son but ok that works too. must have installed that manual to auto to manual look alike tranny yo