Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

The Next Chapter

Old 09-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Evil Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG
Default The Next Chapter

After 8 years and 205k miles i am closing the book on my 2003 Cooper S...as times have changed as well as my needs its time for a new toy....

And here she is...she just got to the dealership after 2 months of waiting...

2014 John Cooper Works MINI Paceman All4...already nicknamed the "Angry Panda"

Old 09-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal
Default Re: The Next Chapter

That's pretty sweet! I looked at new Minis but didn't want to shell out that kinda cash. Love your new addition pretty sharp lookin. What did you do with the 03' ?
Old 09-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Evil Bumblebee

milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG

Originally Posted by GerMINI
That's pretty sweet! I looked at new Minis but didn't want to shell out that kinda cash. Love your new addition pretty sharp lookin. What did you do with the 03' ?
I have sold her to a friend of mine....i will be driving her to Tampa FL to sell her then im gonna pick up the new one over at MINI of Tampa Bay
Old 09-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Evil Bumblebee

Old 09-25-2013, 05:31 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Loving the new Paceman, have yet to see one in the wild, but am sure that someone in the club will pick one up. IU'm debating on the next INI, either the Countryman all 4, or Paceman 4.

Please, be sure to update!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Registered Member

RalliartRsX has disabled reputation

Love the car, but damn those "Minis" have gotten gargantuan over the years!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:51 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Lets face it, it's a lifted golf.

What's the AWD setup like? Haldex (a la R32/speed6) or more subaru-like?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:53 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by brandini
Lets face it, it's a lifted golf.

What's the AWD setup like? Haldex (a la R32/speed6) or more subaru-like?
It's a mini not a lifted golf

But I would also like to know about the awd system as well.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:58 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
It's a mini not a lifted golf

But I would also like to know about the awd system as well.
Oh crap i did the VW mixup again. It's a lifted rabbit/gti.

2 door hatch, off the ground, but with AWD.

So what are the plans for this thing? Aiming for road-friendly fun or more rugged direction?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Evil Bumblebee

Originally Posted by brandini
Oh crap i did the VW mixup again. It's a lifted rabbit/gti.

2 door hatch, off the ground, but with AWD.

So what are the plans for this thing? Aiming for road-friendly fun or more rugged direction?
Actually the way it looks right now its in transport mode from the factory so they lift it up higher so it can clear the ramps on the boat and the trucks with no issues...once they take the rubber chock's out of the springs it will settle down...the JCW one actually comes about an inch lower stock over the S models and over an inch lower than its Countryman bretheren...

As for the AWD system its a really ingenious system...they call it All4 but in reality its BMW's X-Drive with a twist... in full AWD mode it is a 50/50 split but power can be adjusted to near 100% front or rear when needed... at 70+mph like interstate speed the rear wheels turn off and it becomes FWD to save fuel but if needed the All4 kicks on in a split second...i test drove one out here in cali and if you turn the DSC off and put it in sport mode you can actually feel the AWD system working but you can get it to wag its tail

this one isnt even the biggest one...the countryman still owns that title...while this one is built on the countryman frame and chassis its lower and a bit more aerodynamic...and with the 2014 JCW models they actually now have a belly pan that acts like a front air diffuser...

for those with BMW's this model isnt built in Oxford, england...though its parts come from Blighty but the car is built at the main Magna Steyr BMW Plant in Graz, Austria...and while its not put together in england the ones that come from Graz do seem to have a bit tighter build quality and probably due to the fact that those who build the M3 are the same who build these as they all come down pretty much the same assembly lines

Quick Reply: The Next Chapter