Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

New wheels (e92 335i)

Old 09-14-2012, 07:25 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default Re: New wheels (e92 335i)

Originally Posted by blah
Nice car and whatnot.

Now back to more important things: Come back to the football threads please!!
haha fair enough, i'll head there later today.

Originally Posted by WALL-E
Very nice car, but the wheels are something i'd expect to see on a primered 92 240sx pos; and not a nice newer BMW.

Machined lip looks like shit; you can get such nice wheels on vrwheels, etc. There's no reason someone can't wait and save up another $7-1000 for decent wheels. You can get real 18" LM's for $1600-2000 all day on some jdm wheel sites. I say put stock wheels back on, sell those and spend a little more for something that fits the car. They honestly look horrible, and coilovers won't help the fact you put cheaper wheels on it than stock.
i'm actually a little surprised that the consensus is pretty much that they cheapen the look... i've always been a fan of the staggered deep lip look, although admittedly my taste is probably a bit dated. i was a bit trepid in choosing these wheels because they are essentially bbs rs-gt reps without the fake forged rivets- but i HATE the fake rivets on cast wheels and like that look, came across this deal and pulled the trigger. idk. perhaps at some point i'll cave and spend the $6k on real 19" rs-gts and get the respect of vadriven wheel whores hahaha. won't be for a while though as i adjust to a new mortgage.

at this point though they are most certainly staying on the car. i personally like them, and with the deal i got they were actually significantly less than replacing the factory 18" runflats (i.e., $900 vs $1600 for michelin ps2s). plus i get rid of the runflats. i never planned on getting rid of the stock wheels and they'll probably go back on for winter in a couple months anyway. thanks all for the feedback though... as much as i want to tell myself i don't care what others think it is helpful to know what is 'in style' these days... however i will surely NEVER have any hard-parking bullshit like this, so don't get your hopes up -

Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 AM
dl^_^lb ..l.,

beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch

car makes me happy. wheels make me sad . I feel if wheels are the first mod on any car it wont look right unless it looks somewhat stock looking with a drop.

Not trying to be a Rotiform fanboy since I have a pair but I think these would look great on your 335 and they start off at $259 per wheel.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

wheels look bad. they look like tire rack wheels, and they basically are.
http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheelsf15.php
Old 09-14-2012, 12:22 PM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

they look great Andy!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Why would you worry about replacing runflats with runflats. Just put normal tires on.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by terrible advice
wheels look bad. they look like tire rack wheels, and they basically are.
http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheelsf15.php
those are fucking hideous. and 22s? seriously, how old are you? i think i'm good on advice for now... your username suggests a high degree of self awareness.

btw, tirerack sells bbs.

Originally Posted by Lay Zee H
Why would you worry about replacing runflats with runflats. Just put normal tires on.
right, except what people are choosing to ignore is i got these wheels, with tires, and tpms, for the cost of tires and tpms. throw in the cost of mounting/balancing/tpms installation and literally, these wheels were basically free. and i like them. apparently i'm the only one in a tri-state area, but there it is.

just a thought, but i'm thinking most folk on here would be raving if i just put a set of m6 reps on. is it really the lip that kills it? because that's exactly why i picked these wheels over m6 or csl reps.

for reference (sorry for thumbnails, photobucket's being a little bitch right now)- [ATTACH=CONFIG]151776[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]151777[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails New wheels (e92 335i)-m6rep.jpg   New wheels (e92 335i)-vmr-vb3-super-silver-bmw-e92-coupe-2.jpg  
Old 09-14-2012, 06:13 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

I don't give a fuck about "JDM YO" wheels. I just think buying run flats is retarded.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:20 PM
master debater

I don't give a fuck about "JDM YO" wheels. I just think buying run flats is retarded.
not sure where you're going with the jdm reference, and i'm definitely not sure why you seem to be failing to comprehend one of the most basic facts in this thread.

I. DID. NOT. BUY. RUNFLATS. and never really had any intention to.

but to counter the point of hating runflats, bmw swears that they've engineered the suspension specifically to be compatible with runflats, and all kind of terrible physics will happen if you choose to do away with them. plus, the michelins are supposed to be a tremendous upgrade over the factory bridgestones- but i digress. once again i didn't get runflats, and if you fuckers on vadriven subliminally convince me that my wheels look like shit then i will likely put non-runflats on the stock wheels. in fact, i'll about 90% likely be puttng some winter tires (omg non-runflat) on the stock tires in a couple months any damn way. happy?
Old 09-14-2012, 06:24 PM
NBHNC

I'm just referencing JDM because people would drool over it if you had retarded expensive BBS wheels from the 80s or whatever.

Didn't say you bought run flats, but you mentioned the price of replacing run flats, thats all.

And BMW engineers say that shit, and then when you go down to the Michelin test track in SC (got sent for work a few times) then testers show you how shit the tires are lul. And I like how BMW says the car is designed for run flats yet the road noise the run flats make is horrendous.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:30 PM
master debater

I'm just referencing JDM because people would drool over it if you had retarded expensive BBS wheels from the 80s or whatever.

Didn't say you bought run flats, but you mentioned the price of replacing run flats, thats all.

And BMW engineers say that shit, and then when you go down to the Michelin test track in SC (got sent for work a few times) then testers show you how shit the tires are lul. And I like how BMW says the car is designed for run flats yet the road noise the run flats make is horrendous.
all true. i could actually deal with the noise and ride, they just felt "slippery" to me, and they're just fucking prohibitively expensive.

and as far as drooling, i actually shouldn't be surprised at the high disapproval rating these wheels are getting on here. i guess it's because the viewer base on vadriven is so diverse (read- not much around here gains unanimous approval), but over on e90post these wheels (and anything like them) are all the rage.

still curious as to what thoughts are on the m6 and csl style wheels. the pics i posted above are reps- but honestly you can't tell them from real wheels; the offset and design are identical. what's lacking is a lip, and they're factory bmw wheels. i just can't stand either one of them- they are no upgrade whatsoever from stock, and i thought stock was very boring.