Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

The new toy - Scooby inside.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:41 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default The new toy - Scooby inside.

Hello,

I purchased a 2007 WRX with 89000 on the clock.

Looks and drives good. Previous owners seemed to have done a few things.
A few small issues - Front right headlight is cracked an rear right headlight has a chip in the corner of it. Both seem able to allow moisture in. Is it hard to find blob eye tails? Will wagon ones work? How about headlights?

The battery light was on, but was apparently tested at a local place and deemed good. The alt was also tested and passed but was mentioned some of the bushing might be going inside of it. - So just going to replace it soon.

I did a red with an OBD2 reader - No voltage vaults found but did find and clear an engine code of P0410 which is a secondary Air injection sys malfunction - tApparently there is a system I can pull off the car that will stop this.

As it is approaching 90K I plan on doing the timing belt and water pump pretty soon as I don't want to risk it.

I haven't had time to throw it up on a lift yet, but there is an exhaust leak advisory from the MOT...Easy fix and neighbor is a welder

I do want to take a look at the suspension as it just feels harsh and bouncy.... I don't remember the blob eye being as rough.

Is there anything else I should look for? I did own a blob eye before and I'm looking to do basic upgrades - up/down pipe / intake / tune / exhaust and that be about it.

I did pick up a forge dump valve and intake used on base this weekend for $100.

Any input is appreciated.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default Re: The new toy - Scooby inside.

Found a place here that does stainless steel custom exhausts... seems to be the trend in this country. As well as a grimm speed up-pipe for $60 so the exhaust should be sorted this week.

So intake / exhaust / fuel pump /custom tune and done.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:28 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by Will Sol
A few small issues - Front right headlight is cracked an rear right headlight has a chip in the corner of it. Both seem able to allow moisture in. Is it hard to find blob eye tails? Will wagon ones work? How about headlights?
headlights are interchangable, sedan and wagon tails are different.

I did a red with an OBD2 reader - No voltage vaults found but did find and clear an engine code of P0410 which is a secondary Air injection sys malfunction - tApparently there is a system I can pull off the car that will stop this.
i had this code pop up before. it involved removing the intercooler and whatnot. ended up costing me $600-ish at the dealership to repair.

I haven't had time to throw it up on a lift yet, but there is an exhaust leak advisory from the MOT...Easy fix and neighbor is a welder
don't be a dickhead and put some stupid angled loud fuck exhaust on it.
I do want to take a look at the suspension as it just feels harsh and bouncy.... I don't remember the blob eye being as rough.
stock suspension was always a bit bouncy from what i remember. the biggest handling improvement comes from front/rear sway bars with endlinks.

Is there anything else I should look for?
don't be a typical subaru cocksucker. that's my best advice.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:53 AM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Should be a fun car to roll around the mean streets of England in.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:50 AM
Registered member

Eskimo has disabled reputation

I believe the headlights you want to look for a called "hawkeye", blob eye is the 04-05 Impreza, but a nice car you have there!
Old 05-25-2015, 07:42 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

PMed!!!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
It will be getting a decent size exhaust just cause one off exhaust here are cheap as chips...

Also Any thoughts on a decent set of springs to lower just a tad?
Old 05-25-2015, 07:33 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by Will Sol
It will be getting a decent size exhaust just cause one off exhaust here are cheap as chips...

Also Any thoughts on a decent set of springs to lower just a tad?
i've had the sti catalog "pinks" and both tein h-techs and s-techs. pinks will get you an insignificant drop and slightly firmer ride. the teins will lower 1 or 2 inches, respectively, but ride like shit. if you want to lower the car more than an inch, just get coilovers.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:57 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Nice car, do not gay the car up with "hella horns"
Old 05-26-2015, 02:11 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by DOOM
Nice car, do not gay the car up with "hella horns"
lol someone asked today if i was going to buy a set.

Quick Reply: The new toy - Scooby inside.