Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

New Purchase "Toyobaru" Inside

Old 08-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Peepee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these partsPoopoo is infamous around these parts
Default Re: New Purchase "Toyobaru" Inside

I was lucky enough to ride down midlo in the first BRZ sold in the Richmond area. I will say the motor is stout, but also lacking in the bulge. Great car for two companies putting their engineering together, although I would have liked to see a forced induction version available from both companies. Subaru and Toyota both have great turbo designs.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:27 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

It's way overpriced for what it is, you would've been better off buying a used 350/370z. If your intentions were to buy a fast car, just like any new car there is always going to be a better "facelift" version that won't have as many problems. As you look into the past of automobile manufacturing.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Originally Posted by shawn22
If all you care about is the power, then you dont understand what the car is about, so just move on.
+1

949 just did track testing and they're saying it'll match an s2000 (both with tires/bolt on suspension/pads)

Just wow.

He did note an s2k needs geometry changes and a rear wing to go faster, and could go faster, but it's impressive.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:19 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by brandini
+1

949 just did track testing and they're saying it'll match an s2000 (both with tires/bolt on suspension/pads)

Just wow.

He did note an s2k needs geometry changes and a rear wing to go faster, and could go faster, but it's impressive.
There's a thread on S2ki with a guy who TT's a 09 CR I think and drove the Scion, and he said that corner speeds were spectacular once they put some good rubber on the car. It isnt QUITE as fast as an S2000 yet, but its real close. They said its basically a function of the aero on the car, which is AMAZING compared to the S2k (I wanna say its like a .27 cd for the FRS vs a .4x cd for the S2000...which has never been aerodynamically tested). Basically if they have the same size tires and both have coilovers, the FRS is gonna be within a second or two of the S2000 at most of the tighter California tracks.

But the S2000 benefits more from a rear wing than just about any other mod, because the downforce is so shitty.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Jealous dude, Also I miss your face. Sarah and I were just talking about you last night.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Originally Posted by -Danimal
Jealous dude, Also I miss your face. Sarah and I were just talking about you last night.
I hit her punk ass up a month or two ago and she never responded. Its been way too long.since I've seen any of you guys for really . I was thinking of taking off and going to the poker run. Anyway, number is still the same. Hit me up any time dude!;
Old 09-04-2012, 12:58 PM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

What poker run?!?