Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

New Purchase "Toyobaru" Inside

Old 08-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT
Default New Purchase "Toyobaru" Inside

So, I go through cars like crazy. It's pretty sad, I've made tons of threads like these before.
*Disclaimer*
Saying Toyobaru is gay.
My car is stock.
I am not a photographer.
Game on.

I picked this up last Monday night. I really had no intentions on purchasing anything. I had just gotten done test driving a GTI. For weeks, I have been trying to hunt down a FR-S to drive just to see. After I drove it, I had to have it! This thing is loads of fun and probably one of the most responsive cars I have driven to date. It's comfortable, fun to toss around and I'm averaging about 29 mpg to and from work. You really can't beat it. At 2700 lbs 200hp doesn't feel too bad, but I'd still love some more power.

I'll probably make a build thread down the road, but the gameplan is as follows:
Forced Induction (Either the AVO turbo kit when it's released or TRD's Supercharger (just to maintain the warranty)
Wheels (Probably 18")
Wider Tires
BC/BR Coilovers
Tint

That's what's on my forefront currently. Feel free to make any suggestions.

On to the Eye Candy:

Because of the sun I had a hard time getting a decent shot from the rear of the car:

Old 08-13-2012, 06:19 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: New Purchase "Toyobaru" Inside

Love the color, the majority I see are red or black.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:19 PM
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec

Meehh. I don't like these cars at all, after all the hype I expected something better.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:39 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I think these cars are amazing. Congrats on a great purchase
Old 08-13-2012, 06:50 PM
VintageGashHunter

captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry

i personally don't care for the color, but these cars have good lines. and with the RIGHT wheels you could really make that color work. and forced induction sounds like what they should have had to begin with! nice purchase man.

edit, you missed covering your plates in two photos

Last edited by captainsperry; 08-13-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:50 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by SlvrSpec
Meehh. I don't like these cars at all, after all the hype I expected something better.
That's because you JDM fruits thought you were going to get a Z06 / 911 competitor for $24,000.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:52 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

I like the Subaru a LOT better.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Originally Posted by SlvrSpec
So the hype of an affordable lightweight rear drive sports car was a let down for you once you found out they released a $24k rear drive 2700 lb sports car?
Originally Posted by Spindrift
Love the color, the majority I see are red or black.
Ty
Originally Posted by Flite
I think these cars are amazing. Congrats on a great purchase
Thanks i love it so far!
Originally Posted by captainsperry
i personally don't care for the color, but these cars have good lines. and with the RIGHT wheels you could really make that color work. and forced induction sounds like what they should have had to begin with! nice purchase man.

edit, you missed covering your plates in two photos
Good catch! Ill have to go back and revise them later lol. Im a huge fan of white cars but i definitely respect where youre coming from. Any suggestions for wheel choice and color?
Originally Posted by Reloaded
That's because you JDM fruits thought you were going to get a Z06 / 911 competitor for $24,000.
This.
Originally Posted by TATTRAT
I like the Subaru a LOT better.
Just out of curiousity, what about them? I only ask because with the exception of the front fascia and hvac theyre nearly identical.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:16 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackGT
So the hype of an affordable lightweight rear drive sports car was a let down for you once you found out they released a $24k rear drive 2700 lb sports car?
Don't be some kind of pompous ass about your Scion. $24k is a steep price tag for that car.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:22 PM
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec

I didn't say anything about the drivetrain, weight, power, or price tag. I just don't like the way they look, period. They sit too high, the wheels look like cheap pep boys wheels, and the interior looks cheap.

Quick Reply: New Purchase "Toyobaru" Inside