Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

New to Norfolk. my rides still in WA, but shipping it out in June/July...

Old 04-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these parts
Default New to Norfolk. my rides still in WA, but shipping it out in June/July...

These pictures are a little old. She's changed a little. The LS1 doesn't sound like a V8 until I get on her, so she's my perfect little sleeper. Sorry in advance to all you rotary lovers out there. I can't say I hate rotaries, but I can say I love my LS1. I built her with my brother back in 2004. We just called her "The Beast" at that time, but I renamed her LilNasT when I bought her from him. He has an LS1 FD now on coilovers, but LilNasT's more my style. There are fender flares in the back now, so don't hate about how we cut the fenders. Although it does have some charm.

I'm a little worried about getting her inspected. I have the feeling they might not like a few little details.

Last edited by LilNasT; 04-07-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

LilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these partsLilNasT is infamous around these parts
Default Re: New to Norfolk. my rides still in WA, but shipping it out in June/July...

You have to understand we originally built the car for less than 5k, so some things might not be what you would think is best. Tires for one...the stock tires wouldn't grip until mid third gear, so we had to go bigger for cheap...thus the Mustang wheels on the Chevy powered Mazda. and you have to admit it adds to a Frankenstein feel.

Last edited by LilNasT; 04-07-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:53 PM
poopshootgangordie.

Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus
Default Re: New to Norfolk. my rides still in WA, but shipping it out in June/July...

Engine swap is awesome, but that wheel set up is garbage.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Troll be trolling.

God damn, I hope this is a troll. Look at those fucking wheels.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:58 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

It was all pure shit, until the swap pics.

did you cut the fenders with a sawz-all? Good god.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:48 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by LilNasT
I'm a little worried about getting her inspected. I have the feeling they might not like a few little details.
If it passed in California then surely it would pass here. Also maybe reading has failed me but what was the purpose of this car? If it's a track rat then whatever, but if you're using this on the street then you really need to step your game up playa. It's been said before but those wheels and whatever hackjob is going on with the fenders is just hideous. There had to be a better way to get traction than hacking everything up and just shoving in whatever. That being said I bet she goes like hell.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:52 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Whats the tarp for? Is that in case you have to drive in the rain?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Actually at some point we did use a sawzall. It has fender flares now, so you can't see the cuts lol. like I said you have to understand we built the car on a budget. We had 5k... that was it. We had to make some hard choices, but in the end I absolutely love it. It's not the best looking car, but with 300+ rwhp in a 2,500lbs car with a LSD for less than 5k total, I didn't really care. Kinda added to the charm. (at first it was 5k) I have no idea what I've spent now.

Last edited by LilNasT; 04-07-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride

Think you spent 4K too much.... Jus sayn
Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

We originally went for a streetable strip car, and there really wasn't a cheaper way to get traction. I think we would have tried anything else, lol. the tarp was to protect some minor things while welding...wires and whatnot.

yeah the engine was almost 4k. The RX was $300. fuel pump $100 or so, wiring harness free, sub-frame free, cage $200, seats little less than @200. you get the picture. luckily my brother parted out what we didn't need from the RX, or we would have been over budget.

Last edited by LilNasT; 04-07-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Quick Reply: New to Norfolk. my rides still in WA, but shipping it out in June/July...