Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I Roll Fenders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Ok, so I finally feel comfortable starting on of these threads. I hate it when people make them and don't update them for months.

I'm going to start this off with a little nostalgia - a short history as to what the car has been through already.

When I got the car it was exactly what I needed it to be - stock, reliable, and it happened to be automatic. These are the pictures I took when I first saw it (this will probably make Chris super sad):

Within a week or so it looked like this:

Then a few months after that I painted the bumpers and picked up some lowering springs/shocks:

I drove around like that for quite some time, I ended up painting those wheels satin black, then traded them for my old 300ZX TT wheels that were satin black. I believe it was about 7-8 months after the above picture that I went to Japan and bought coilovers, an exhaust, some wheels and other odds and ends (the car was still automatic KA at this point):

Then I sold those wheels after ~6-7 months, did a 5-speed swap with the transmission out of my old S14 (come to think of it I've had something off of my old S14 on this car every step of the way ), and bought the Regamasters:

Then I did the SR swap, I'm not sure how long it was after that...I know I did it at the end of May 08:

I've done little stuff to it since the swap, finally painted my rear valances and c-west mini spoiler, some s15 injectors, a tubular manifold, a custom intercooler set up (which used the HKS bypass valve off my old S14), a OS Giken 1.5way, got some Fortune coilovers to replace my JICs....oh, and lets not forget building the RSs, haha.

This is how it looked up until a few days ago:

Last edited by WishIHadaSilvia; 11-05-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Now for the build portion!

I picked up a LS1 short block a month or so ago and it came with a bunch of extra goodies. I drove it back from Richmond in the trunk of the S14!

I picked up some 5.3 truck heads, an intake with fuel rails and injectors, some LS3 valves, dual springs w/ retainers, and trick flow hardened push rods since those pictures. I am still hunting for a transmission, wiring harness/ecu, throttle body, and a few other bits.

This was the car's state two nights ago:

This was the status last night:

This weekend it is getting towed up to G-town where RE-SpecGarage is going to help me accomplish the next step - cage it, tub it, and a few other things I'll keep as a surprise so you have a reason to keep checking back, haha!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

If u ever need ur car covered in cum for any odd reason...hey im here.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Now THIS is a build thread
Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 PM
I Roll Fenders

I want to post up stuff I am getting/planning on getting/waiting to show up but I think it'll be better if everyone has to wait as long as I do, haha.

Check out my blog for other pictures I didn't post on here (you can click by category on the left hand side). I haven't made a whole lot of posts on there yet but as the build continues I'll be inclined to post larger amounts of media on there rather then do these stupid [img] tags and host on flickr and copy and paste and all that bs.

On a side note...I can't believe how shiny my front bumper used to be, lol. I was told not to wax it for a month or so after I painted it and that turned into never, HAHA!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12

awesome! post away
Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Registered Member

tired hatch has disabled reputation

if i would have known doing the five 5 speed with would have lead to this..........sigh lol. im subscribed lemme know if you need any help. its gonna be nice seeing both our cars in this stage lol even though i 'm trying to make what you make with an allmotor 4 cylinder.

shane
Old 11-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered member

slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx

You find a buyer for the SR yet?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:21 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by slo-180sx
You find a buyer for the SR yet?
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/blackhole-6/slo-180sx-317649/
Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Registered Member

David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12

any reason why your going ls1? just wondering

Quick Reply: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)