Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My NASA TTA/PTA Z06 Build Up

Old 06-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default My NASA TTA/PTA Z06 Build Up

Picked up a "new" Z06 today in North Augusta, SC. Going to build a fully dedicated track car around NASA's TTA class, then cage it this winter so it car run PTA. The car will be able to run TTS and ST2 as well, but TTS/ST2 are more and more becoming spending contests (less restrictions/rules) so I decided to build around the TTA rules which don't allow you much modding when using a C5Z06.

Scoured Craigslist and the web in general for awhile before stumbling on this car.... It's in really amazing condition for the miles. You can tell someone took care of the car and it lived in a garge, but just got driven.... not a garage queen. The car was traded to a large dealer, but with 119k on the odometer it went straight to auction.

GM doesn't make the red interior parts anymore so it's worth lots of $$$$.... after parting out the car I'll have like $11k in it before the mods begin. I'll updatd this thread as I progress... Oh... and before anyone asks why I didn't just mod my Z06 that I just sold.... selling that car and buying this nets me enough to fund the project plus consumables plus lots of track time. That car was worth more as a street car.

Some pics.... car was at Bucks Wheels & Deals Guys were a bit country, but really good people. Spending the night at my parents place then heading back to Va Beach tomorrow.... good thing I kept the plates off my old car

-Brian

Last edited by Cobra4B; 06-19-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:29 PM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze
Default Re: My NASA TTA/PTA Z06 Build Up

Awesome man, Cant wait to see what happens with this one, Z06's are perfect track cars with the right adjustments.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Old 06-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Looks sweet Brian. Nice to see you will still be racing with some GM power. If you ever need a hand let me know.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Will do.... first up will be taking out all of the interior and then replacing the valvesprings, timing chain, and oil pump. I'll let you know when I'm going to mess around with it.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Can't Fuck with Buck's!

Cute car Brian and luckily it's already in the fastest color.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:07 PM
<---will be missed

Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason

awesome. congrats on the purchase, you got an awesome deal.

looking forward to following this build up!

did the previous owner raise the ride height? lol.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by blah
Can't Fuck with Buck's!

Cute car Brian and luckily it's already in the fastest color.
Hey and the color is even called Quicksilver.... I kept having "My name is Buck I came to fuck...." playing in my head.

Originally Posted by Racin Jason
awesome. congrats on the purchase, you got an awesome deal.

looking forward to following this build up!

did the previous owner raise the ride height? lol.
Nah..... 100% stock, that's OEM ride height. Only lowering this one on stock bolts.... over-lowering is a common problem unless you have coilovers like yours.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:18 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Letze
Awesome man, Cant wait to see what happens with this one, Z06's are perfect track cars with the right adjustments.
My guess is he's going to spend a bunch of money on it, then sell it.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by Reloaded
My guess is he's going to spend a bunch of money on it, then sell it.
Well guess what... nicely sorted C5 race cars sell for high 20's to mid 30s still.... so unless Obama completely ruins planet Earth I'll make money on the car. However, I don't plan on selling the two I have now for a long time. I had the yellow one for 7 years, but just tried to do too much with it.... now I have both... vert waxer comfy car and dedicated track car. All for less that the price of a used C6 vert.

Quick Reply: My NASA TTA/PTA Z06 Build Up