Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My custom guage panel build: 56K E.A.D

Old 02-14-2010, 03:44 PM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Thumbs up My custom guage panel build: 56K E.A.D

So I finally acquired all the gauges I need to build my panel, and started on it tonight. I will be going from the stock ugly-ass panel in the GN to a 4 gauge one filled with Autometer Cobalt series gauges. I have had a donor gauge panel and bezel kicking around the garage for months so I didnt have to hack up the original one.

First up, the stock gauge panel: GAY.

The donor bezel, notice the baller status wood-grain:

And finally the gauges that will be replacing that boring ass old panel: Fuel level, volts, 160MPH speedo with trip ODO and tachometer. I am using 2 1/16" for the aux gauges and 3 3/8" for the speedo/tach.

I started by stripping the stock panel of all internals, so i had room for the wiring assembly on the new gauges.

Then I measured out the speedo and tach on the plastic cover to see if i had enough room to mount all 4 gauges. My intial intention was to cram everything into this bucket so i could remove it with ease down the road and so i could still have functioning turn signal lights in the stock location. WELL, that was wishful thinking cause there is only enough room to mount the speedo and tach.

So a NEW idea popped into my head. I pushed the stock panel to the side for another project I have in mind for a later date and got my dremel out. My new plan is to trim out the bezel as shown and put a cover over it with the holes cut out for the gauges. I'm going to find some green LED bulbs and mount them in the corner for turn signals, and have them feed of whatever wire controls them from the stock harness. Same thing with the High-beam bulb, only blue

So I am going to be cutting the new panel out of this stuff that duane (nftuatn) gave me to play with...I don't remember what he called it but its some sort of resin-lookin stuff covered with stainless steel lookin stuff. if I scratch it up too much, I'll just paint it black, lol.

That was my stopping point for the night, I should have it almost completely finished by tomorrow minus installing it, which will be at a later date. Plans for tomorrow include cutting out the new bezel panel, cutting out the holes for the gauges, sanding and painting the wood-grain bezel black, attaching the new bezel panel to the stock one, acquiring and installing turn signal bulbs and making a wiring harness. I'll update with more pics tomorrow
Old 02-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Default Re: My custom guage panel build: 56K E.A.D

Old 02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Layin Frame

dirty c has disabled reputation

thats gonna look sweet. good shit.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:50 PM

EGAS has disabled reputation

Subscribed.. love build threads.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:51 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

that nftuatn is one bad ass mofo...especially to give you that piece of stainless...shit will look sick...

and if that piece is too small just swing by and get a bigger piece...

and matt...take some masking tape and tape up the stainless...that way you wont scratch it when cutting/marking it
Old 02-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Lookin' good, so far.

You should personalize your turn signals, since you're going to be making them from scratch.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by nftuatn
that nftuatn is one bad ass mofo...especially to give you that piece of stainless...shit will look sick...

and if that piece is too small just swing by and get a bigger piece...

and matt...take some masking tape and tape up the stainless...that way you wont scratch it when cutting/marking it
Awesome, thanks for the info and the help!
Old 02-14-2010, 03:56 PM
ig oggggg

yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15

god ive always hated the GNs cluster
Old 02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Old 02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

can't wait to see this! I've always loved the cobalt gauges for some reason.

Quick Reply: My custom guage panel build: 56K E.A.D