Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My 93 MR2 restore tread

Old 07-05-2016, 12:43 AM
2 Less

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1
Default Re: My 93 MR2 restore tread

Man I miss my 93 turbo. Still have the Mad PSI hood from it and sold the car almost 8 years ago. Thinking I should sell the thing but at the same time really would like another MR2 at some point.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:43 AM
Volumes

Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted.

I haven't seen that MR2 before because usually you see builds like that all over the forums. People swap in 2GR's all the time now along with the 1mz and such.

Well worst case scenario came up, I now have to travel far to and from work and the car is located in the opposite direction. Now I will barely have time to even work on it, so I'm probably going to have to sell it . I hate work. If anyone is interested it will be on Craigslist while I try to convince myself I have the time for it. This happens every time I get a project.

Last edited by Boosted.; 07-05-2016 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:44 AM
Volumes

Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted.

Update: keeping the car since I made a compromise with work. Trying to get it to daily driver status very soon. Any shop recommendations for that sub-frame bolt?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:14 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by Boosted.
Update: keeping the car since I made a compromise with work. Trying to get it to daily driver status very soon. Any shop recommendations for that sub-frame bolt?
Yeah, take it to a shop and let them tack a nut in. Normally I'd recommend rivet nuts but they probably don't come that big and can't take that kind of torque. It's also kind of expensive to buy all of that tooling for a one time repair.

I'd really just take it to a shop. It shouldn't take very long or cost very much at all. Either that or actually go ahead and replace the whole subframe.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Registered member

Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo

Originally Posted by Reloaded
I think if I couldn't do lime green, I'd do a deep blue like the color used on the 350Zs
I had the same thought... my current car, its been at Springfest twice I believe, just turned to doing more work on it and kind of fell to the wayside, but should be back on the road soon with quite a few changes.

As for the tubular subframe, I don't think there is a shop that makes one, you'd have to have one custom made. As for a replacement 93' subframe, check craigslist in the DC area, there is always a guy up there parting out MR2s. My buddy local used to part them out as well, and I have in the past too, but we are both currently out of that business so I'm not sure what he has left.

As for who can fix the subframe, if you're in the Hampton Roads area, I would say either Abacus Racing or Ramey Built should be able to tack the nut back on.

As for parts, I don't know what you're looking for, but I know I have a spare Berk Tech intercooler kit, MSD Ignition Setup, and AEM EMS with sensors sitting in the garage and I may potentially have an HKS Hiper Exhaust and KO Streetbrawler turbo kit.

Been doing MR2's for a long time so if you ever need any info or questions, I'm more than happy to help if I can.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Volumes

I haven't seen your car at Springfest yet and I've been the last few times. I'll figure something out with the sub-frame I really haven't gotten a chance to get underneath yet. I'm trying to take the modding slow since I have a thing for lightly modded MR2's. Next thing would probably be exhaust since I have the bov ready for it.

Here's my previous 2. I'm a moron for selling it. Yours is almost the same color as mine was, yours looks lighter though.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Registered member

Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo

It was at Springfest years ago, hell I don't even remember if it was called SpringFest back then, was back in like 2009 or somewhere around there.

Mine is actually the 350z Daytona Metallic Pearl that Reloaded was referring to, which is why I thought it was funny he mentioned it.

If you're on stock turbo, you'll probably want to go Turboback exhaust, simple manual boost controller set to 15psi and then an intercooler. That will pretty much tap you out without going to a turbo upgrade. Work comp doesn't let me see the pic, but I'll take a look when I get out of here!
Old 07-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Volumes

I was just getting my first or second car in 2009 haha.

Those were some of my closer plans for mods. I want to steadily mod it so I don't have to have months of down time. Your the only other MR2 owner I've had any contact with locally the 5 years of had them lol. My old MR2 I posted is actually Viper GTS blue. It is very close to the stock tropical blue.

Also got all my parts in so I will be posting pictures when I clean the bay up a little and hopefully get her running good enough finally.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:28 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Fuck that blue color go with Yamaha R1 shift red ! Sexiest color ever
Old 07-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Boosted.
I was just getting my first or second car in 2009 haha.

Those were some of my closer plans for mods. I want to steadily mod it so I don't have to have months of down time. Your the only other MR2 owner I've had any contact with locally the 5 years of had them lol. My old MR2 I posted is actually Viper GTS blue. It is very close to the stock tropical blue.

Also got all my parts in so I will be posting pictures when I clean the bay up a little and hopefully get her running good enough finally.
Yea I used to be the one who would organize some of the MR2 specific car meets at Trashmore years back. I think we had 2 or 3 in the area before I ran out of time to keep planning them. I still know a handful of owners local, who still have their cars, but it's definitely a dying crowd.

Quick Reply: My 93 MR2 restore tread