Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My 93 MR2 restore tread

Old 06-30-2016, 06:58 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: My 93 MR2 restore tread

Hey does the horn on that thing blow?
Old 06-30-2016, 09:57 PM
Indelible Anomaly

RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon

nice project. cant wait to see the progress
Old 07-01-2016, 04:48 AM
Volumes

Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted.

Ive been thinking of a tubular sub-frame. It would be downright awesome. And found out yesterday, this thing also has practically new black Energy suspension bushings! I love finding nice surprises. Lol the horn actually blows like a normal car, maybe a little more high pitched. Thanks everyone I'm looking forward to making progress. It's also nice to get people talking on here again. Hate to see 150+ people on the forum with only 2 of them being members.

Last edited by Boosted.; 07-01-2016 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:00 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by Boosted.
Ive been thinking of a tubular sub-frame. It would be downright awesome. And found out yesterday, this thing also has practically new black Energy suspension bushings! I love finding nice surprises. Lol the horn actually blows like a normal car, maybe a little more high pitched. Thanks everyone I'm looking forward to making progress. It's also nice to get people talking on here again. Hate to see 150+ people on the forum with only 2 of them being members.
This. When I actually (hopefully) start my LS swap, probably in a couple weeks, I'll put updates on here. I guess I should be putting the Miata stuff up too but I'm just too lazy to document that.

Edit: Wait, you can get a tubular subframe for those? That's pretty badass. I was more referring to just getting another stock one and tubular control arms, and doing everything up before install.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:40 AM
Volumes

Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted.

LS swap the 300zx or the Miata? Btw, saw the at spring fest and must give a kudos, It brings a smile to my face seeing 90's cars fresh and clean.

And I'm not sure on the tubular sub-frame. I would think there would be since these are used as track specific cars often. And used stock ones go for probably as much as a tubular one would cost since I would need the 93+. Also doesn't help that finding a 93+ sub-frame for these is as rare as finding a person my age that doesn't think there entitled to everything and complain about everything that doesn't go their way.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:20 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

I really like this MR2, but I'm a sucker for obnoxious colors.

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...&highlight=mr2

I think if I couldn't do lime green, I'd do a deep blue like the color used on the 350Zs
Old 07-01-2016, 11:24 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

^^^^^
Originally Posted by Boosted.
LS swap the 300zx or the Miata? Btw, saw the at spring fest and must give a kudos, It brings a smile to my face seeing 90's cars fresh and clean.

And I'm not sure on the tubular sub-frame. I would think there would be since these are used as track specific cars often. And used stock ones go for probably as much as a tubular one would cost since I would need the 93+. Also doesn't help that finding a 93+ sub-frame for these is as rare as finding a person my age that doesn't think there entitled to everything and complain about everything that doesn't go their way.
The Z. It's gonna be an LOJ conversions kit. I'm surprised used parts for your car cost that much. I'm used to Z parts that you can't give away, other than what the 240 people want. Do MR2 facebook sale pages or anything like that exist?
Old 07-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Volumes

He was a member on here I think Probegte or something along those lines with that green MR2. My MR2 before this one was the stock MR2 Tropical Metallic blue and it is one of the most beautiful colors for a car, Also so is the original Viper GTS blue.

That is going to be wicked when your done with that thing. I hope to see it done and meet some of you guys at a cars and coffee one day. I used to go a lot. There wasn't that many 2's made so finding new parts and aftermarket backup is somewhat hard. I have to look for one on facebook I haven't even thought of that. I usually just watch over the MR2 owners forums like a hawk for good parts.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:31 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

This one does it for me, I love everything about it.

Name:  sKIGzAl.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  465.0 KB

Name:  Z4oeht4.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  44.7 KB

1mz-fe from a Lexus es300. Turbo'd.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:00 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

It amazes me with the clever fucking swaps people do!

Quick Reply: My 93 MR2 restore tread