Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My 90 HF Restoration in 7 Days!!

Old 04-10-2011, 01:58 PM
ItIsWhatItIs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond repute
Default My 90 DX Restoration in 7 Days!! New Pics Posted!!

I purchased this gem in 2008 and have loved it from day one. But with the faded original paint, stock wheels, and rusted out exhaust, I knew the restoration wasn't too far away. But three years later, it still looked nearly the same except for some used wheels, Skunk2 suspension, and used cat-back exhaust. So in 2011, I decided that it was finally time to bring her back to life and in a timely manner. I know this time frame is not common for most, but I work at a collision center and have all the tools and materials at my disposal. So for me, it was just another day at the office! Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------------

2008 - Original everything, untouched!

2009- 1 month after purchase. Added some wheels, Skunk2 Coilovers, & cat-back exhaust

2009 - Look at that faded paint!

2009- Looks like the clear is just running away from the top

March 2011
Day 1
- Tear down and inspect:

Day 2 - Rust and dent repair. I cut out the rust and spot panel welded pieces in place since the rust was not that bad. The inner panel structure was rust free. A little seam sealer inside the panel will keep it cancer free.

Day 3 - Had to fix the cracked paint and rusty trim pieces. They all do it, but new trim pieces all the way around are too expensive! So, quick fix.......sand down surface rust and feather sand the cracked paint, seal, and paint with satin black finish.

Day 4 - Sanding the entire car. Looking for small dents and dings. Find, repair, prime, and resand areas. Then she'll be ready for tape and paint.

Day 5 - Fresh out of paint and ready to be put back together. I forgot my camera when we painted the car. By the time I realized it, we were already mixing the paint. The color on the car is the new CR-Z color, Northshore Blue Pearl, Honda color code BG-57P.

Last edited by LoveMyLS; 05-03-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added pictures
Old 04-10-2011, 01:58 PM
ItIsWhatItIs

LoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My 90 HF Restoration in 7 Days!!

Day 6 - Got my stripe guy to come by and put on fresh stripe with the Honda logo. Also clear tinted tail lights last night.

Day 7 - Painting wheels Honda Burst Silver. Chip-coated fender wells and suspension to help prevent rust. Also gives it a clean, factory look.

I hope everyone enjoys the pics. I have some seats out of my 95 EJ that will be going in soon. It's hard to find clean CRX seats that don't cost a fortune. So with a little modification, my stock 95 seats will do the trick. Thanks for looking.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:02 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

nicer than the new CRZ

any interior pics?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice! JPrice!

very clean
Old 04-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Night and day, great job.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:15 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Paint looks good... and you get points for keeping the mud-flaps...

but please, please, go buy some legit wheels.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:19 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Certainly one of the best looking I've seen in a while.

Good Job
Old 04-10-2011, 02:21 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Factory wheels would look better than the Sears specials
Old 04-10-2011, 02:23 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Find a way to 5 lug it and buy my volks. Green would look super Trendy on that.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:52 PM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

nice, put the tanabe medallion exhaust on it

Quick Reply: My 90 HF Restoration in 7 Days!!