Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Louisiana Blown Z

Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Louisiana Blown Z

Originally Posted by Jitb
its not even that low.. thats a good 3-5 inches off the ground.....
You're trying to argue that you haven't completely ruined it because it isn't scraping on the ground yet. I don't care how much ground clearance it has, you've lowered it enough that the suspension geometry is pretty well screwed.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:09 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
at people who dont understand how turning the wheels will raise the front of the car.

Learn some suspension geometry people.
You're absolutely right... Why don't you please explain it to all these dumb asses?

BTW, I don't know anything about suspension geometry either, any idea where the roll center of that car is compared to a stock 350Z?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:13 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

I like this and I hate those.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Flite
You're absolutely right... Why don't you please explain it to all these dumb asses?

BTW, I don't know anything about suspension geometry either, any idea where the roll center of that car is compared to a stock 350Z?
I'll help him out..
The roll center is probably only a few inches lower, but the instant center locations have probably moved quite a bit more. That means the instant center acceleration is probably much greater than stock, which makes things interesting.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-21-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:50 AM
HHIC

Are they strut or double wishbone? I'm not too familiar with 350Zs.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:06 AM
SOUTHRNFRESH.COM

Jitb has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You're trying to argue that you haven't completely ruined it because it isn't scraping on the ground yet. I don't care how much ground clearance it has, you've lowered it enough that the suspension geometry is pretty well screwed.
the car isnt lowered more than 2 or 3 inches.....3 at the most. 99% of people who modify cars dont get their suspensions adjusted(tuned) accordingly, like they would with a built motor, because the world isnt a race track, and we all arent race drivers. Im sure any car that gets its suspension modified has its suspension geometry changed because it was set up a certain way from the factory to perform a certain way. Its all physics, and it can be adjusted and corrected by suspension modifications, and depending on what the car is being used for can determine that....
Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 AM
HHIC

Originally Posted by Jitb
the car isnt lowered more than 2 or 3 inches.....3 at the most. 99% of people who modify cars dont get their suspensions adjusted(tuned) accordingly, like they would with a built motor, because the world isnt a race track, and we all arent race drivers. Im sure any car that gets its suspension modified has its suspension geometry changed because it was set up a certain way from the factory to perform a certain way. Its all physics, and it can be adjusted and corrected by suspension modifications, and depending on what the car is being used for can determine that....
Absolutely... just throw some super stiff JDMland springs on it and all is better. FUCK YO ROLL COUPLE!

Look, we know it's a street car and suspension tuning isn't a big issue. The only reason it's even a discussion is because someone wanted to come play the "Learn about suspension geometry" thing.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
SOUTHRNFRESH.COM

Jitb has disabled reputation

Absolutely... just throw some super stiff JDMland springs on it and all is better. FUCK YO ROLL COUPLE!

Look, we know it's a street car and suspension tuning isn't a big issue. The only reason it's even a discussion is because someone wanted to come play the "Learn about suspension geometry" thing.

i dont even know what this thread is about anymore... you va guys are funny!
Old 10-22-2010, 02:01 AM
HaHaHa :P

Powerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these partsPowerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these partsPowerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these partsPowerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these partsPowerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these partsPowerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these partsPowerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these partsPowerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these partsPowerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these partsPowerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these partsPowerd by Cuzzo is infamous around these parts

Very Nice Car !!!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:17 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

I said that because people seem to get their panties in a bunch from the car being too low in the rear with the front wheels turned....

Now we all know, with a given amount of caster, as the wheels are turned the angle that the wheel contacts the road changes and thus lifts the front of the car slightly higher than it was when the wheels were straight. Because if you notice the shot of the car sitting perpendicular to the direction of the road the amount of tire showing between front and back it appears (to me) like that the car is slightly lower in the front.

Carry on.

Quick Reply: Louisiana Blown Z