VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Gallery (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/)
-   -   Local Subie Owners!!Lets see your cars (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/local-subie-owners-lets-see-your-cars-214700/)

SubieChik 02-16-2010 01:01 PM

Re: Local Subie Owners!!Lets see your cars

Good luck finding one. I blew my engine in Nov and spent the last 3 months looking for a used anything. I was just going to get a new short block from Perry ($1800), but then my prayers were answered and I found an '08 WRX engine on ebay with 20k on it that had been wrecked in the drivers side rear.

Muncher 02-16-2010 01:18 PM

Dont put a frggin used motor in your car.

There are plenty of companies that sell both short blocks and complete long blocks for great prices. Gruppe-S and Raw Perfomance are just 2 examples.

SubieChik 02-16-2010 01:39 PM

I'm completely fine with putting a used one in there. I don't have the money to be putting a brand new long block from gruppe-s in sorry....plus I am not going to the WRX style turbo....I already have a perfectly fine VF52 that I would like to keep.

Muncher 02-16-2010 01:49 PM

Nothing against you personally...I just think putting a used motor in a car is stupid. You dont KNOW how it was treated (biggest concern), you dont KNOW how many miles are actually on it, ect.

You can get a complete JDM FXT motor (almost identical to the USDM STI motor except for the Intake manifold {which flows VERY well}, turbo, and cam profile) for ~3000. Thats an extremely good price. You can sell everything off of it you dont need (making it even cheaper) and swap over your stuff.

Thats just ONE example of a route he could go.

OR...if his heads are fine...he could buy a CP piston bottom end from RAW and do a hybrid swap. Cheap.

Again. This isnt a personal attack..theres just better routes to go (IMO).

LS94EG 02-16-2010 01:54 PM

if something happens and my motor in my wagon ever blows its comin back an STI swap lol

SubieChik 02-16-2010 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muncher (Post 6122670)
Nothing against you personally...I just think putting a used motor in a car is stupid. You dont KNOW how it was treated (biggest concern), you dont KNOW how many miles are actually on it, ect.

You can get a complete JDM FXT motor (almost identical to the USDM STI motor except for the Intake manifold {which flows VERY well}, turbo, and cam profile) for ~3000. Thats an extremely good price. You can sell everything off of it you dont need (making it even cheaper) and swap over your stuff.

Thats just ONE example of a route he could go.

OR...if his heads are fine...he could buy a CP piston bottom end from RAW and do a hybrid swap. Cheap.

Again. This isnt a personal attack..theres just better routes to go (IMO).

No I can't.....that was why I said I didn't want to go that route because of the WRX fitment. There is absolutely nothing on a Legacy motor that will fit on an '07 or older STI or WRX. I would be starting over from scratch with a stock motor.

Also with the miles I really don't care how many miles are on it honestly because it is an '08 and it can't be more than my 80k motor.

Muncher 02-16-2010 02:11 PM

I was talking about his WRX. Not your legacy. If I had your legacy...Id sell everything you had dealing with the motor....buy the FXT motor, throw an 18g-20g on it and make more power than your making now (~400).

SubieChik 02-16-2010 02:17 PM

An 18G on that motor won't really make that much more. The turbo I have now with the right tune and a good fuel system is capable of 320.....right around that of an 18G....I know a few with 18Gs and they are not as impressive as I thought....but then again I could always steal my husbands 30R when he is sleeping...lol

Muncher 02-16-2010 02:19 PM

Well as soon as Coreys car is sorted out we'll see what that size turbo will do on a FXT motor. His is in between an 18 and 20g (I forget what its called).

streEtFyter 02-22-2010 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by SubieChik (Post 6032635)
whatever loser :cool:

now, is that a way to talk to a co-worker?

SubieChik 02-22-2010 11:11 AM

Yup.....of course. You didn't seem to bothered by it this morning :cool:

WanganRunner 02-22-2010 03:18 PM

Some Subie meet was obviously happening around Rockville Town Center in MD on Sunday afternoon (2-3pm). Lots of nice cars, wish I'd had a camera.