Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Leaving for PA this evening to get a new Corvette

Old 01-15-2010, 06:20 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Leaving for PA this evening to get a new Corvette

Driving up and trailering back... assuming the car is as represented and checks out. I was able to speak to the original selling dealer and the previous owner (who's had over 15 corvettes). Carfax and Autocheck are all clean... looks to be mint and stock. Plus it's one of 3 red/tan/tan 2001+ 6-speeds I could find in the entire country.

The car is a 2003 50th Anniversary with 43k miles and all options other than having the base suspension. Driving up to stay w/ a fellow Corvette owner in the DC area tonight then up to PA on Saturday AM.

The car will get basic intake/exhaust and some minor cosmetic stuff. The cheesey stickers will be the first thing to go.

Eventually when a buddy wants to part with his Fikse FM5s in Z06 sizes I plan on snagging those.... other than that I'm keeping this one on the mild side.

A few pics -

~Brian
Old 01-15-2010, 06:22 AM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks
Default Re: Leaving for PA this evening to get a new Corvette

how many skrillaz?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:22 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Congrats
Old 01-15-2010, 06:25 AM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

why?
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Nice, let me know what shape that leather is in when you get back. Tan leather really shows grime, that driver seat looks like it may need a little TLC.

BTW, Blk/tan/tan would be even better
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

vw style this one out plz. thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Vanilla Face
why?
Because I wanted a mint red/tan vert... something different. Have had yellow/black for over 7 years now and my needs/wants in a car have changed since I purchaed my Z06.

Considered a 2003-2004 SRT-10 Viper and a 2005-2006 Porsche Boxster S, but at the end of the day I know Corvettes through and through, I have parts all over the garage for the car, they're cheaper to own and a good $20k cheaper to buy.
Originally Posted by Flite
Nice, let me know what shape that leather is in when you get back. Tan leather really shows grime, that driver seat looks like it may need a little TLC.

BTW, Blk/tan/tan would be even better
I won't own a black sportscar... I'm too OCD anal for that. The seats actually look awesome in the pics for a Corvette... typically the leather gets very creased/lined very quickly. A little grime can be taken care of w/ some lexol and some TLC.

The other big thing is that the car has sport seats and the telescoping steering wheel. The seats are light years better than the standard Z06 seats and the Z06 has a fixed steering column. Being tall I've always wanted to sit a little fartherback than I can in my Z06. With the telescoping wheel I can sit where I want and bring the wheel to me.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:32 AM
muziklounge.com

Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo

good for you
Old 01-15-2010, 06:34 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I won't own a black sportscar... I'm too OCD anal for that. The seats actually look awesome in the pics for a Corvette... typically the leather gets very creased/lined very quickly. A little grime can be taken care of w/ some lexol and some TLC.
Careful with Lexol.

I'd check the "ingredients" in the Lexol before you use it. I know your intentions are to keep this car "nice". I'd hate for you to use a product that causes the seats to deteriorate over time.

Are the seats full leather or are they vinyl w/ leather uppers? GM tends to use very soft leather in order to feel supple upon initial purchase, but it's very sensitive to improper maintainence because of it.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

??

Quick Reply: Leaving for PA this evening to get a new Corvette