Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Just added a MB to the garage...

Old 10-20-2012, 09:04 AM
nortaP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded
Default Re: Just added a MB to the garage...

Originally Posted by Blue2ZZGE
what is to appreciate about a 14 year old 200hp ford?
The SVT’s handling was on par with the Integra Type R back when they were new. I’d say there is something to be said for the sport compacts of that era. Obviously comparing them to a modern car they’re going to come up short.

I have to agree with POS DSM here though.

Those Mercedes SUVs are for the “Keeping up with the Jones” crowd. They’re exceedingly expensive when new with a horrible resale value and they don’t’ do anything particularly well.

The people who buy these things want to brag they “push dat Benz” when virtually anything from a Domestic maker or Japan would have been a better buy for the reasons stated above.

Aside from being ugly that's why I don't like that silly Infinti SUV either. It's a $60,000 SUV, selling for $30,000 in three years and $15,000 in five.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Registered member

Blue2ZZGE has disabled reputation

I can agree with the infinity SUV as well, I think they are hideous and the side vents are so stupid looking.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:09 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Come on, there is nothing classy about this design, it just looks ridiculous.

The bulbous hood, the nonsense fender vents, I’m not sure what’s going on with the rear.

It just looks bad from every angle.

And the older version is even worse.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

Originally Posted by Reloaded
The SVT’s handling was on par with the Integra Type R back when they were new. I’d say there is something to be said for the sport compacts of that era. Obviously comparing them to a modern car they’re going to come up short.

I have to agree with POS DSM here though.

Those Mercedes SUVs are for the “Keeping up with the Jones” crowd. They’re exceedingly expensive when new with a horrible resale value and they don’t’ do anything particularly well.

The people who buy these things want to brag they “push dat Benz” when virtually anything from a Domestic maker or Japan would have been a better buy for the reasons stated above.

Aside from being ugly that's why I don't like that silly Infinti SUV either. It's a $60,000 SUV, selling for $30,000 in three years and $15,000 in five.
Have you ever driven one? I bet you havent. I bet you dont know anyone who has one either. It does just about everything well. it has the nicest ride of any SUV on the planet. You know how dash boards on most cars are plastic? The GL's has hand stitched leather. there about 50 other minor details like it, but I wont bore you. So, a 5 year old GL450 is worth 15,000? Where?
Old 10-20-2012, 01:47 PM
nortaP

Originally Posted by djyuck
Have you ever driven one? I bet you havent. I bet you dont know anyone who has one either. It does just about everything well. it has the nicest ride of any SUV on the planet. You know how dash boards on most cars are plastic? The GL's has hand stitched leather. there about 50 other minor details like it, but I wont bore you. So, a 5 year old GL450 is worth 15,000? Where?
I'm talking about that awful QX56.

Stop acting like you're some big baller when you're buying USED luxury cars. When you shelling out the $60,000 for a new one at the dealership let me know.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:50 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by Blue2ZZGE
what is to appreciate about a 14 year old 200hp ford?
I think it has just slightly less appreciation than a sloppy seconds 10 year old bimmer.

OP....the clam almost got that SUV but ended up with a MDX. She did like the Benz.....nice choice.

Last edited by Rich; 10-20-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:57 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Originally Posted by Rich
I think it has just slightly less appreciation than a sloppy seconds 10 year old bimmer.
Exactly. Lady up the street from me is selling hers. I'm damn well tempted to pick it up for a DD and get a nicer car for nice days.

Also, you're assuming his BMW is only "sloppy seconds" and not sloppy eighths.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Originally Posted by djyuck
You know how dash boards on most cars are plastic? The GL's has hand stitched leather.
should help make wiping off all the splooge stains easier from the flits in Georgetown you'll be scoring.

and yes, I've driven one

Last edited by POS DSM; 10-20-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

Originally Posted by Reloaded
I'm talking about that awful QX56.

Stop acting like you're some big baller when you're buying USED luxury cars. When you shelling out the $60,000 for a new one at the dealership let me know.
Come talk to me when you pay more than one grand for your cars. BTW, the MSRP wasnt 60k. It was 73. Just FYI. Why would I need to come talk to you if I bought a car for 60k?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Ewwwww. Do not want.

Quick Reply: Just added a MB to the garage...