Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Honda Bobber Inside (Iphone photo janksss)

Old 05-01-2014, 06:57 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's
Default Honda Bobber Inside (Iphone photo janksss)

Been a LONGGG ass time since I've actually started a thread.

Picked up this 1980 Cm400t Honda Nighthawk for Dirt Ass cheap back in the beginning of March.

Ridden Plenty of bikes before, just never owned one, and haven't been on one in a long time, so I figured I'd start off with a smaller bike and just work my way up.

Bike was "not running" when I bought it. Electrical was all Rigged to hell and shitty, what was left of it anyway. Exhaust Pipe from the right side ran under the bike causing it to have maybe 3-4" of clearance to the ground, and it was literally just Fucking T'd into the Left side pipe. Also, the shifter Linkage was broken off.

No headlight, No Taillight, No front Brake, Tank wasn't mounted, Carbs were "clogged", etc etc. Typical problems with old bobbers that were half assed done and not taken care of.

For the price I got it, I would've been half retarded to pass it up.

Anyway, Onto the pictures.

These were from the Night I picked it up.

Name:  DP34p77.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  69.0 KB
Name:  X1NcbJ4.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  63.7 KB
Name:  ps96ChH.jpg
Size:  99.0 KB

In This picture, you can see where the Exhaust Pipe T'd into the Left side pipe just next to the foot peg, also, you can see the broken shifter linkage.

Name:  A6xIX4r.jpg
Size:  73.3 KB

Upon getting the bike to the house, We discovered that the Front wheel was Bent to alllll fucking hell, So that came off. Once we got it in the air to take the wheel off, That's when we discovered that there weren't any bearings on the Front Forks, (I was told that they were just "bad"). So I purchased all new Races, Seals, and Bearings for the Front End.

I also ordered Full Carb Rebuild kits for Both Carbs. I also HATEDDDD the ugly ass beach cruiser bars that were on there before, so we grabbed some Drag Bars that my boy had laying around and put them on there. MUCH HAPPIER.

Name:  g6LPoyZ.jpg
Size:  75.5 KB
Name:  Q5lYX92.jpg
Size:  71.7 KB

Went to work on the Exhaust Next. I really liked the "Uzi" tip that was on there, but the piping was extremely thick wall piping and heavy as fuck, so we cut it all up and used much thinner piping. I also didn't like how far out it stuck towards the back, so we shortened and angled it up much sooner. Welds just need to be Cleaned up and Exhaust Wrap installed. We also Rigged together a New Shifter Linkage.

The old Chain was also Ugly as fuck. Had surface rust all over it, Dirty as fuck, and well, just looked ugly as fuck, so I bought a New Gold one.

We also swapped on a new fender that was a Garage find that happened to be a Harley Fender, and looked WAYYYYY better than the shitty one on there before.

Name:  Q7AhO5H.jpg
Size:  100.6 KB

Next, I bought a Headlight, 7" Harley Light to be exact. We started to run the electrical and we were gonna have to fab up a plate for my switches to mount to. So to avoid adding an ugly plate that would be up in my face, we decided to Mount them in the Headlight Housing. One is for the lights (high, Low, and off), the other is for Power to the bike, and the other is an Oil Pressure Indicator Light, (just to be safe, being as I plan to beat on it some)

Name:  YRDtgwg.jpg
Size:  71.3 KB

This is How she sits now, 7" Harley Headlight, 21" Harley Spoke wheel w/ Honda Dirtbike Brake, New slimline brake Master Cylinder/lever, New Throttle, Throttle Cable, Grips, Clutch Perch, Clutch Line, Races Bearings and Seals for the Front end. Cat Eye Tail light and License plate mount (not pictured). Completely reworked exhaust, Rebuilt Carbs, Brand New Chain, Brand New Battery, "Custom" run electrical with Brand New Electrical Wiring all purchased from Harley (mainly for quality of wire). I'll post pics of the wiring and how it's setup at a later date.

Unfortunately, she's still parked, There's an Internal Electrical issue that we're 99.9% sure we have pin pointed. Turns over, just only gets Spark to One Cylinder.

Name:  ZK0jnj1.jpg
Size:  165.6 KB
Name:  KlBGQxy.jpg
Size:  161.1 KB

Future plans are just to Clean up and Re Spray the Frame, and Tank, and Fender. Fender's gonna get cut straight down the middle and Sectioned about 3/4" or so just to bring it in tighter against the sidewalls of the back wheel. And MAYBEEEE get a spoke wheel for the rear... Maybe. (hard as fuck to find in decent shape for a decent price)

It'll probably be going back up for sale around Mid to Late June.

Last edited by all4sr's; 05-01-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:36 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'
Default Re: Honda Bobber Inside (Iphone photo janksss)

Old 05-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Camber ++

Matey Matey Matey Matey Matey Matey Matey Matey Matey Matey Matey

Give Carl a call when you want to turn that into a real hard tail.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you swap sides on that exhaust collector, the pipe lengths will be a lot closer to equal. There's a huge difference in length right now, and it could be worth some decent power to clean that up. Decent power relatively speaking for a 1980 Nighthawk that is.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:36 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

The yellow spark plug wire is an eye sore. Cool bike though
Old 05-02-2014, 04:38 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

I like this.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:44 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

Originally Posted by Matey
Give Carl a call when you want to turn that into a real hard tail.
Yeahhhhhh, I'm actuallyyyy kinda sketched about how the Rigid setup is, but it'll do for now.

Don't wanna do anything too "extreme" with this one being as it's such a small motor and It's just a cheap ass starter bike. If I was to go Real Hard Tail, it would have to be a 750 and up, lol.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If you swap sides on that exhaust collector, the pipe lengths will be a lot closer to equal. There's a huge difference in length right now, and it could be worth some decent power to clean that up. Decent power relatively speaking for a 1980 Nighthawk that is.
We had Originally started to run it towards that side, Not only for Equal length purposes, but to also keep the Chain side open, just for an eye pleaser. Unfortunately, to run it on that side, it would've gotten in the way of the Rear Brake Pedal, (like, I'd have not even a half inch of Pedal before hitting the pipe), and for it to actually work, it would have to hang rather low to the ground, which I really didn't want.

Originally Posted by -JB-
The yellow spark plug wire is an eye sore. Cool bike though
Yeah, I had planned on getting some new Black ones once it was running solid.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
I like this.
Thanks Bud!

Last edited by all4sr's; 05-02-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:26 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

I like these bikes. It's funny how they go from cheasy 80s crappyness to awesome.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:39 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

i love me an old bobber.

i want
Old 05-04-2014, 08:18 AM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes
i love me an old bobber.

i want
It'll be up for sale around mid/end of June sometime, if you'll be looking around then.

Quick Reply: Honda Bobber Inside (Iphone photo janksss)