Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

The Holy Grail of Honda's in USA

Old 10-19-2010, 03:25 AM
got 7.62?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited
Default The Holy Grail of Honda's in USA

Possibly the rarest honda in the world, or atleast over here in the states.

Many first generation CRX enthusiasts will know this CRX Si, AS1002578, as “CRXTSY.” A mythical beast with questionable history. I know it as one of the 3 genuine right hand drive CRX Si’s Honda brought over from Japan back in 1985. Oscar Jackson federalized the car and was given free reign over modifications on these cars. This one in particular was outfitted with a complete turbocharger package and suspension kit, and was later featured in the historical “Baby Boomers” road test in Road & Track in 1986. AS1002578 was sold to a David White late in 1986, who drove it until 1997 when John Killeen bought it from him. John had owned and driven it until September 26th 2010 when I took possession of it.

After many years of driving, both on the street and track (the car has been driven at Willow Springs NUMEROUS times and competed in the Silver State Classic at least twice), the car has found a good home in my stable where I will do my best to visually restore and mechanically preserve this TRUE CLASSIC HONDA in all its glory! I won’t be too die-hard though and will modify it in ways that will truly improve the car and make it more drivable and reliable. The first on my to do list is to try and locate some replacement parts for the pop up lamps, and plan an ECU change to something more tunable than the piggy-back F-Con in place now (getting into the 21st century with the electronics was the best thing I ever did to my previous SOHC turbo CRX). This car has a history of cracking pistons at as low as 8 psi which I am sure could be mitigated with tuning.

Without further ado, here are the pics and captions.
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/pitboard/?p=619

Old 10-19-2010, 03:41 AM
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r
Default Re: The Holy Grail of Honda's in USA

I can appreciate that it's rare, but good lord it's hideous.

then agian, it's just a wonder it hasn't been wrapped around a pole yet, so I guess that outweighs it's uglyness.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

ok.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Inglip 2012

WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner

Pretty cool.

I've always liked zenki CRX's.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:56 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

gay
Old 10-19-2010, 03:57 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
gay
I'll show you gay, Come over?
Old 10-19-2010, 03:59 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

DTF?
Old 10-19-2010, 04:29 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

I don't see how this is rare? Because it's RHD? You could legaly import one tomorrow if you wanted to. They are basically free in Japan.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by Chris@Fortune
I don't see how this is rare? Because it's RHD? You could legaly import one tomorrow if you wanted to. They are basically free in Japan.
lol. You gotta read bro.

It was modified before being sold, with a turbo and suspension upgrades. It was like a Yenko Camaro only not nearly as cool.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:33 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

I'd rather have your 636