Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Guess its the newest fad......can't believe I haven't seen it on here yet (with pics)

Old 08-10-2011, 06:35 PM
<----BigBake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative
Default Guess its the newest fad......can't believe I haven't seen it on here yet (with pics)

PlastiDip.....available at pretty much any hardware store, and some parts stores. I guess it was intended for things like handtool handles, etc. Now it is being used alot in the auto world........painting emblems and various other things. I just did couple things myself, pics below.

Tomorrow I'll do the rear valence.......should help blend the hitch and give it more of a finished looked. Here are a couple of before pics.....

The last picture of the emblem shows how the entire tape job peeled off......and it took the bodypaint layer of plasti with it. I only had to crop a couple of small pieces in the emblem. I am happy, I think it looks great. I am going to do the rear bump tomorrow.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:38 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative
Default Re: Guess its the newest fad......can't believe I haven't seen it on here yet (with p

Guess I should add.......if you do this, and you don't like it, you can peel it off. People are getting over a year with no signs of peeling on what they coated, some obviously less. Several people have done their wheels too, and had a piece rip or tear. Apparently the stuff is super easy to touch up, and you won't be able to tell at all.

Its available in black, white, yellow, and red. I believe most folks will have to go to Ace Hardware......or order online, to get anything other than black. bLowes, Homo Depot, and some parts stores carry black.....
Old 08-10-2011, 06:46 PM
crème de la crème.

Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy
Default Re: Guess its the newest fad......can't believe I haven't seen it on here yet (with p

Looks sick! +1 on the rear valence, but personally I think on the front I would have left the polished air vents and done the center black

Last edited by Fizzy; 08-10-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Weldmandingo has disabled reputation

looks good
Old 08-10-2011, 06:51 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yea I like it blacked out alot more. looks good man.

I remember somebody using this stuff a while ago, it was a vw guy, just cant remember what he was doing with it. neat stuff though.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:51 PM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

cool
Old 08-10-2011, 06:52 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Been being used in the MINI Community for three forevers: Blackout grills, headlight rings, body approns/lines, mirror caps. . .Only problem is, once it starts to flake, it starts to go fast and looks like ass.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Not really a new fad,but still very very cool.

Theres a 1g dsm completely painted with this stuff in the classifieds.

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/import-asia-65/1990-mitsu-eclipse-gsx-402111/
Old 08-10-2011, 06:59 PM
<----BigBake

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Been being used in the MINI Community for three forevers: Blackout grills, headlight rings, body approns/lines, mirror caps. . .Only problem is, once it starts to flake, it starts to go fast and looks like ass.
Yeah those guys probably got it from the BMW crowd, thats where I saw it first a while back. Guess its spreading like H1N1 now.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

pretty cool as long as it is durable. i dont really know, but it seems like if you used this on a DD vehicle you would have to touch it up pretty regularly.

Quick Reply: Guess its the newest fad......can't believe I haven't seen it on here yet (with pics)