Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

FT-86 mule on Nürburgring

Old 10-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86
Default FT-86 mule on Nürburgring

not a crazy video, but its cool watching it in action.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/19/t...he-ring-video/

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SYJjE7Xrf4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3SYJjE7Xrf4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

In a video that should be titled "Things You Can't Do in a Corolla," the FT-86 has been caught in motion and sound at the Nürburgring in Germany. Of course, the pictures posted last week gave no indication of how it ran, but we can tell you – and so can the video – that it is, as they say in the business, "Hot."

We know what the Toyota concept looks like, but we're not exactly sure which version we see on the 'Ring in the video. It could be the FT-86 from Toyota or Subaru's version. However, if Toyota's version goes like the car in the video, when it finally does arrive, Toyota will truly be able to say it is back in the business of fun. At least a little. Follow the jump to see the vid. Thanks to everyone for the tips!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Default Re: FT-86 mule on Nürburgring

I disapprove.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Toyota is just going to find some way to lame it up.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:20 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I know I'm probably overanalyzing here... But that video didn't really show anything worth getting excited about.

It looked like the suspension isn't very well sorted at all (wallowy over bumps, initial understeer and mid corner oversteer), it certainly didn't accelerate very quickly, and it looks like an ugly version of a Corrado with some sort of silly rear wing.

It's an early test mule though so I guess that's to be expected. So why get excited?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Well the fact that they're actually testing it on the Nurburgring is a good sign at least
Old 10-19-2009, 09:21 PM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

Originally Posted by Flite
I know I'm probably overanalyzing here... But that video didn't really show anything worth getting excited about.

It looked like the suspension isn't very well sorted at all (wallowy over bumps, initial understeer and mid corner oversteer), it certainly didn't accelerate very quickly, and it looks like an ugly version of a Corrado with some sort of silly rear wing.

It's an early test mule though so I guess that's to be expected. So why get excited?
yeah like the old one.
i thought that was the point making a "newer" ae86, something sucky out of the box but lightweight, rear-wheel, and cheap.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:08 PM
haz hype

it_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond repute

I knew a kid with a clean AE-86. His mom bought it brand new. He flipped the shit out of it within a month or two after getting it as his first car.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by it_broke_again
I knew a kid with a clean AE-86. His mom bought it brand new. He flipped the shit out of it within a month or two after getting it as his first car.
Donno how that really applied but ok.

Anyways I think the rear of the car is quite ugly as stated above...
Old 10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Why is it left hand driven?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

This is what the Toyota version will probably look like.

http://jalopnik.com/5386317/toyota-f...yline=true&s=x

I don't see how you guys could bitch about an affordable compact rwd sporty car.