Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE ISSUE

Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher
Default Re: Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE IS

Originally Posted by eg6_bryan
So what you're telling me is that I could go screw in 2 wing supports on the trunk of my car, with sheet metal going across the top, and that would be beneficial? Maybe we should all take notes from all the ricers roaming the skreetz according to your theory!
This is hardly 2 wing supports and sheet metal:

^The CRX on the front cover...

Notice anything between the 2 front bumpers? The difference is 20+ years of wheel-to-wheel racing knowledge built and driven by the legend Andy Hope himself. If all the kewl stuff on the front of fortunes civic were effective, shouldn't the CRX have just as much front 'aero'? In this case, less is sometimes more. Or maybe Andy Hope just hasn't caught the same message that you guys are trying to tell me.
You do know that Honda Challange isn't even close to the same class of racing that this car runs, right? And even if it was, different classes within HC have differant limitations on mods...aero included (Hence H1, H2, ect). Apples to oranges dumbass.

Last edited by Muncher; 09-30-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Registered member

mikejones002100 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE IS

Originally Posted by Muncher
Really? You were able to look at a picture of a car you've never driven, or probably ever seen for that matter, and immedietly make outragous assumtions on how you could make the car faster than the person/shop who has countless hours of build time and hours of seat time?
I didnt say I could make it faster by any means lol... It just looks from the pictures of the front AERO pieces that it doesn't actually serve a purpose.. Has anybody actually put the car in a wind tunnel to see how it reacts to the wind? NO.. Have they driven the car well? YES.. But on the other hand does all the WOW factor of the euro actually work, or is it just there for show? Nobody knows the true function of the AERO pieces since it hasnt been wind tunnel tested.. All I was saying that the car does good on the track because its a well built car, Not from how the AERO pieces were made.. Just an assumption that if they took the AERO off the car and just used the car the way it comes from factory with just suspension modifications it will perform the exact same way.. All im saying.. Not downing the show,driver,or builder what so ever.. Just an assumption..

Last edited by mikejones002100; 09-30-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Also, let it be known I'm far from a fortune nut rider. I know very little about this car, but making bullshit "that doesn't work" claims based on a picture you saw on the internet is fucking stupid.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mikejones002100
I didnt say I could make it faster by any means lol... It just looks from the pictures of the front AERO pieces that it doesn't actually serve a purpose.
The irony is amazing.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Registered Member :)

eg6_bryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Muncher
You do know that Honda Challange isn't even close to the same class of racing that this car runs, right? It's not even the same sanctioning body. And even if it was, differant classes have differant limitations on mods...aero included. Apples to oranges dumbass.
You're absolutely right, he should take it to the nearest go-fast shop, and get them to add sheets of metal everywhere onto the front bumper to make it go faster around the track.

& about their wing, yeah it's hella sturdy but with that angle, you minus well have the stock hatch glass open or have a BYS spoiler on it.

There's a difference of downforce and drag. It 'could be better' if some more 'R&D' was done is all I'm sayin, or just a quick glimpse of what google has to offer about aero. Yeah it may look cool to the unknowing eye, but LOOKing cool will win you trophies at a car show, not at a competition.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Registered member

mikejones002100 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mikejones002100
Has anybody actually put the car in a wind tunnel to see how it reacts to the wind? NO.. Have they driven the car well? YES.. But on the other hand does all the WOW factor of the euro actually work, or is it just there for show? Nobody knows the true function of the AERO pieces since it hasnt been wind tunnel tested.
That was more the part I was getting at.. The double negative I can admit was terrible irony lulz..
Old 09-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Registered Member

Vadriven: Where faggots on a computer know more about a race car than the owners.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

You're absolutely right, he should take it to the nearest go-fast shop, and get them to add sheets of metal everywhere onto the front bumper to make it go faster around the track.

& about their wing, yeah it's hella sturdy but with that angle, you minus well have the stock hatch glass open or have a BYS spoiler on it.

There's a difference of downforce and drag. It 'could be better' if some more 'R&D' was done is all I'm sayin, or just a quick glimpse of what google has to offer about aero. Yeah it may look cool to the unknowing eye, but LOOKing cool will win you trophies at a car show, not at a competition.
but it did win competitions.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Registered Member :)

eg6_bryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
but it did win competitions.
3rd place isn't winning. But hey, that's still great for the drivers first time on the course and good for them, they'd shave off even more time with proper aero is all I'm saying
Old 10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

3rd place isn't winning. But hey, that's still great for the drivers first time on the course and good for them, they'd shave off even more time with proper aero is all I'm saying over and over and over and over again with no basis in fact or real information on said car.

yourself, sweetheart.

Quick Reply: Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE ISSUE