Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE ISSUE

Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'
Default Re: Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE IS

i <3 cutie matty booboo.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:31 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy
Default Re: Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE IS

Originally Posted by eg6_bryan
I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.
LOL *cough *cough dumbfag is dumb
Old 09-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered Member :)

eg6_bryan has disabled reputation

cuz thin sheet metal being held on by woodscrews onto a plastic bumper is such a superior choice for tha downforces

lulz im so dum wat do i no
Old 09-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

cuz thin sheet metal being held on by woodscrews onto a plastic bumper is such a superior choice for tha downforces

Uh...The laws of physics don't give a fuck what the materials are made of or how their held on. Id venture to say that MOST of the splitters on the cars ran at any typical NASA weekend (including multiple record holders) are either plastic or plywood. Air doesn't just turn and blow the other direction because the aero pieces are made of a cheaper (easier to replace) material instead of some bling carbon.

Last edited by Muncher; 09-30-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 PM
No E-Fame

Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea

You would be right a dive plane bolted to the bumper would generate much force to the car for functional down force and would probably just rip the bumper off which is why I built an aluminum tube frame that has the entire front splitter, airdam, diveplanes,and bumper all in one piece and then slides into the frame rails so that all downforce can be directly transferred to push the car down.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 PM
crème de la crème.

Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy

lololol.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered member

mikejones002100 has disabled reputation

Awesome it got a feature for the shop.. But in my opinion this stuff they are calling "AERO" seems like it has more drag than it does down force... the car does do well in that video but honestly I dont think its from the "AERO" parts that are added.. They can take the parts off and just run a regular front lip and still get the same result in my opinion.. If anything from reducing the DRAG on the car in may pick up a .10.. Props for the shop though for getting a feature.. But until that setup hits a wind tunnel to actually see its potential you cant say the car is what it is just from the AERO.. More like a WOW factor than anything in my opinion..
Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Registered Member :)

eg6_bryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Muncher
Uh...The laws of physics don't give a fuck what the materials are made of or how their held on.
So what you're telling me is that I could go screw in 2 wing supports on the trunk of my car, with sheet metal going across the top, and that would be beneficial? Maybe we should all take notes from all the ricers roaming the skreetz according to your theory!

Originally Posted by Fizzy
^The CRX on the front cover...

Notice anything between the 2 front bumpers? The difference is 20+ years of wheel-to-wheel racing knowledge built and driven by the legend Andy Hope himself. If all the kewl stuff on the front of fortunes civic were effective, shouldn't the CRX have just as much front 'aero'? In this case, less is sometimes more. Or maybe Andy Hope just hasn't caught the same message that you guys are trying to tell me.

Last edited by eg6_bryan; 09-30-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Registered member

mikejones002100 has disabled reputation

So what you're telling me is that I could go screw in 2 wing supports on the trunk of my car, with sheet metal going across the top, and that would be beneficial? Maybe we should all take notes from all the ricers roaming the skreetz according to your theory!

^The CRX on the front cover...

Notice anything between the 2 front bumpers? The difference is 20+ years of wheel-to-wheel racing knowledge built and driven by the legend Andy Hope himself. If all the kewl stuff on the front of fortunes civic were effective, shouldn't the CRX have just as much front 'aero'? In this case, less is sometimes more. Or maybe Andy Hope just hasn't caught the same message that you guys are trying to tell me.
+1
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Originally Posted by mikejones002100
Awesome it got a feature for the shop.. But in my opinion this stuff they are calling "AERO" seems like it has more drag than it does down force... the car does do well in that video but honestly I dont think its from the "AERO" parts that are added.. They can take the parts off and just run a regular front lip and still get the same result in my opinion.. If anything from reducing the DRAG on the car in may pick up a .10.. Props for the shop though for getting a feature.. But until that setup hits a wind tunnel to actually see its potential you cant say the car is what it is just from the AERO.. More like a WOW factor than anything in my opinion..
Really? You were able to look at a picture of a car you've never driven, or probably ever seen for that matter, and immedietly make outragous assumtions on how you could make the car faster than the person/shop who has countless hours of build time and hours of seat time?

Quick Reply: Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE ISSUE