Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE ISSUE

Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 AM
3D Wheel Designer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto
Default Re: Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE IS

Love love love this car. New motor sounds so dope.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:30 PM
crème de la crème.

Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy
Default Re: Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE IS

^Damn I haven't heard or even seen it yet!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

Originally Posted by Fizzy
I realized I never got to posting this feature on here. It's Fortune Auto's Time Attack EG that is Turbo-K swapped, has all custom aero and a bunch of other stuff. Check it out. www.faizrahman.com | www.fortune-auto.net

Link to the Online Honda Tuning article -

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/f...x/viewall.html

Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

looks badass, im sure its crazy fun to drive that thing.

although I am definitely questioning the legitimacy of those aero's.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:58 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Why would they put non functional aeros on a purpose built TA car? I'm pretty sure they're fully functional.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:01 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

calm down there buddy.

Im not saying that they dont actually achieve something. were they r and d'd at a wind tunnel facility, probably not. Could they probably run the same lap time without them, not sure to be quite honest.

Why would they use what seem to be 30 cent hex screws from home depot on those side pieces ? haha. Im not saying that this car isnt badass, or that fortune auto isnt badass cause its obvious that they are. please note that. this car is pretty damn sick and everything fortune auto seems to put out as far as track cars is incredbile.

all Im saying is that they look homemade and not actually functional, which is totally fine. I dont particularly care if they are or not, just wondering if they actually do anything or not. I mean I understand wanting to direct the air into the brake ducts and give it some downforce for the twisties, just wondering how functional that crazy ass gigantic stuff is or if the same effect could be achieved without it or with something a little smaller.

pardon me for questioning the legtimacy or commenting on a car on vadriven. ha
Old 09-30-2012, 12:23 PM
No E-Fame

Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea

Impatient you are correct about the 30 cent screws. all of the aero on this car minus the wing was made by hand at FAST. pretty much everything that was made was derived from a compilation of known working aero setups. however all of that means nothing until you make it and test it out, so that is exactly what we did. we have tested it without the dive planes and with. we have changed splitter lengths and heights. changed angles, diffusers and different materials. what is seen here is basically the best combination we have come up with so far. And just like any other build if we could we would do it all over again. which we do often, hence the hardware and materials. they are cheap for the reason of they are often dismantled and disposed of to try and find the next best thing. wind tunnel testing is expensive and so is making things out carbon so they look legit. but in the end this car is basically a test mule for techniques and suspension and anything else we want to "try out" so that we can better under stand what actually does or does not work.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Definitely nuts!And very fast from what I remember from the shakedown thread.

So,what does it run at VIR Full now?Weren't you guys looking for around 2 minutes flat,or something insane like that?
Old 09-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered Member :)

eg6_bryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by burnoutboy
I'm pretty sure they're fully functional.
I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:06 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Originally Posted by Wasabi_Pea
Impatient you are correct about the 30 cent screws. all of the aero on this car minus the wing was made by hand at FAST. pretty much everything that was made was derived from a compilation of known working aero setups. however all of that means nothing until you make it and test it out, so that is exactly what we did. we have tested it without the dive planes and with. we have changed splitter lengths and heights. changed angles, diffusers and different materials. what is seen here is basically the best combination we have come up with so far. And just like any other build if we could we would do it all over again. which we do often, hence the hardware and materials. they are cheap for the reason of they are often dismantled and disposed of to try and find the next best thing. wind tunnel testing is expensive and so is making things out carbon so they look legit. but in the end this car is basically a test mule for techniques and suspension and anything else we want to "try out" so that we can better under stand what actually does or does not work.
Thats pretty cool man. The fact that you guys are using this car for r and d is pretty sweet. And yea I can imagine how expensive a wind tunnel could be. But this must be the next best thing. Testing on the car its actually being used and raced with. Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense about the hardware.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 09-30-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Fortune Favors the Bold - FortuneAuto/FAST's TimeAtk Civic - Honda Tuning RACE ISSUE