Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Evo IX project thread

Old 06-26-2012, 03:26 AM
This.isEntertainment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn
Default Re: Evo IX project thread

love it, simple
Old 06-26-2012, 04:14 AM
Registered member

RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster

Originally Posted by Gazz
Very nice. I hated these cars for the longest time until about 3 months ago when I started hanging out with guys who have them. I agree with the previously stated opinions on the black wheels looking better, but thank you for keeping it stock body-wise; looks great.

Who do you use as your tuner? Chris Mellon (Mellon Racing) is a close friend of mine and is planning to move here within the next month. He specializes in tuning Evo's and has done a few of my friend's cars around here. Very consistent, reliable tune, at great prices.

Also, what type of boost controller are you running and are you still using the stock turbo?
CBRD tuned it. It's a shop in Maryland. Can't remember the brand of the boost controller off the top of my head and its still on the stock turbo. The stock turbo can be pushed a good bit further than I am at the moment.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:00 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

BBS wheels look good on it.

Originally Posted by Gazz
V
Who do you use as your tuner? Chris Mellon (Mellon Racing) is a close friend of mine and is planning to move here within the next month. He specializes in tuning Evo's and has done a few of my friend's cars around here. Very consistent, reliable tune, at great prices.
Ahhhh Mellon is moving here. GOOD!!!

Last edited by MitsuEvo8; 06-26-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Skippy

Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz

Originally Posted by RawrImAMonster
CBRD tuned it. It's a shop in Maryland. Can't remember the brand of the boost controller off the top of my head and its still on the stock turbo. The stock turbo can be pushed a good bit further than I am at the moment.
Is it a manual or electronic controller? And yeah the stock turbo has pretty high potential.

Originally Posted by MitsuEvo8
BBS wheels look good on it.

Ahhhh Mellon is moving here. GOOD!!!
Yeah. We're stoked. Hopefully by mid-july.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Registered member

RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster RawrImAMonster

It's a manual one, why?

Edit: A Hallman Pro. Got a chance to look.

Last edited by RawrImAMonster; 06-28-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

Originally Posted by PootieTang
these cars are really growing on me. are they as tempermental as sti's?
STis and tempermental are not 2 you find in the same subject. My STi has over 220,000 miles on it. The drivetrain is pretty much bulletproof. I have launched the car numerous times with no avail.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?
Thumbs up Re: Evo IX project thread

Legit wheels. Legit car. Very nice and clean man. With a little low this would look phenomenal. I understand thr ride height choice, i believe anyway. Keep it up man.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Mellon Tuning? Shit I haven't heard that name since I had my 3000gt....his Stealth was pretty sick.

I like the car. I prefer the Evo 9 MR BBS's over the Evo X but they both look good. A little sidewall is good on an Evo to me.

Evo engine>STI engine
Evo trans<STI trans

Evo will respond better to bolt ons too. But this topic has been beaten to death on this forum already
Old 07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Skippy

Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz

Originally Posted by RawrImAMonster
It's a manual one, why?

Edit: A Hallman Pro. Got a chance to look.
Ah nice. Mellon was explaining electronic vs manual and from what I understood, a manual controller was an overall better choice.

Originally Posted by POS DSM
Mellon Tuning? Shit I haven't heard that name since I had my 3000gt....his Stealth was pretty sick.

I like the car. I prefer the Evo 9 MR BBS's over the Evo X but they both look good. A little sidewall is good on an Evo to me.

Evo engine>STI engine
Evo trans<STI trans

Evo will respond better to bolt ons too. But this topic has been beaten to death on this forum already
Yeah, he's finally coming around again!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

Originally Posted by Chris G.
STis and tempermental are not 2 you find in the same subject. My STi has over 220,000 miles on it. The drivetrain is pretty much bulletproof. I have launched the car numerous times with no avail.
your car's on its 3rd motor.....and 3rd or 4th rear axle? haha hardly bullet proof.

I like the evo's but like anything you beat on it enough and it breaks.

Quick Reply: Evo IX project thread