Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Eric the car guy....wtf

Old 03-28-2013, 09:33 AM
C.R.E.A.M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: Eric the car guy....wtf

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
This. When I got my 1st 89 civic at 16, the rotor screw started coming out anytime I'd rev past 6. Left me stranded one night with no tools and no clue what the hell happened. Had a Honda buddy come out, pulled the cap and lost the screw, but pulled an interior screw and got it in. Fired up and got me home. Shit like that is one thing, but when you've got a ton of parts laying around, not pressed for time, and you're making an instructional video, why the hell would do this?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
This. When I got my 1st 89 civic at 16, the rotor screw started coming out anytime I'd rev past 6. Left me stranded one night with no tools and no clue what the hell happened. Had a Honda buddy come out, pulled the cap and lost the screw, but pulled an interior screw and got it in. Fired up and got me home. Shit like that is one thing, but when you've got a ton of parts laying around, not pressed for time, and you're making an instructional video, why the hell would do this?
my point exactly, instructional video fail
Old 03-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Just seems like he was forced to to that video ha
Old 03-28-2013, 10:04 AM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

I was successful in fapping to this.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

You guys are forgetting he said he was broke. So it's not like he can just go to the parts store and make it rain. Yeah he McGuyvered that dizzy and the way he talks is annoying but it got the job done for free.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Don't quit!

@Bentvalve true, but if your making an instructional video or tutorial for people searching for answers show them the correct way.
Someone can seriously mess something up if they dont know better.

If they learn the right way 1st then they can make a call as to short cut or mcguyver something.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

Originally Posted by BentValve
You guys are forgetting he said he was broke. So it's not like he can just go to the parts store and make it rain. Yeah he McGuyvered that dizzy and the way he talks is annoying but it got the job done for free.
Anyone with any real access to Honda parts should never go pay the $200-$250 for a reman dizzy from advance. Such a ripoff when most of the time it's a simple internal part that failed, that crosses over from sooo many diff vehicles.

Plus, none of that justifies what I said about him not even looking through the rest of his box, comparing the different in mount posts. He grabbed the 1st one, then shortly after realized it may not fit perfectly. The fact he didn't even know that those OBD0 plugs are universal also furthers my point that he just isn't that knowledgeable.

This guy is one of those types that advertise the ability to work on Hondas, but in actuality only knows general, to intermediate levels of mechanics, which of course still applies to any car. Making an instructional video of this nature is NOT suited for his knowledge and experience, clearly.

ANNND, he never even mentioned the ignition timing once. I saw the little link at the end for something involving the timing, but if he didn't realize how off that rigged dizzy can throw it, and warn the viewers, he's basically saying there's 0 chance for it to hurt anything. I'm not pulling up dizzy part numbers and comparing the firing orders as opposed to their mounting positions, but it's clearly a possibility to F something up, and he didn't once mention it.

Last edited by 83Stang5.0; 03-28-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

I agree, its definitely a terrible instructional video. It's really just a video of a guy hacking a dizzy to make it work on his car. It would have been more entertaining than instructional had he not been so annoying.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Don't quit!

Originally Posted by BentValve
I agree, its definitely a terrible instructional video. It's really just a video of a guy hacking a dizzy to make it work on his car. It would have been more entertaining than instructional had he not been so annoying.
Well he has plenty of other crazy videos on his channel lol
Old 03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

How hard is it for you faggots to type out distributor?

Quick Reply: Eric the car guy....wtf