Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

e36 rebuild and swap

Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 AM
stupidity, no limits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam
Default Re: e36 rebuild and swap

Little Update. Found a new vehicle.. its a Cosmo 95 m3 coupe.. just has to be shipped here sometime this week.. got alot more done on the car.. full suspension pulled.. which will now be put back on. head is also pulled and will be dropped off at the machinist, block will be pulled this week.

Pics of .140 MLS, its for sale.. looks pretty good.

Decided to start polishing the housing on the gt35r...

Got the head removed.. and cams out, vanos removed.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:27 AM
stupidity, no limits

thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam

heads back from the machine shop.. still browsing for an m52 block.. may just look into just replacing that one piston that had the bad rings.

Sorry for the bad lighting!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 AM
stupidity, no limits

Got some time this weekend to pull the motor..

Pulling the motor, setting it up, guiding it, and moving it all on my own was a huge pain.. aha. But i got it done!

Then i had to try and mount it on the engine stand by myself, after a while i finally got that done as well.

Then it was time to pull out the piston to check and see if there was any terrible damage done to the cylinder walks from what i suspected was a set of bad rings on Cylinder #5. After i loosened the last rod bolt.. the piston just fell out and i thought well, thats where all my burning oil/low compression is from aha. Checked the cylinders and there was releatively no scoring, nothing a 1 thou honing couldnt take out. here is a pic of the awful piston rings..

Tonight i will finishing tearing down the block and have it dropped off at the machine shop with some extra pistons to check the block, clearance and polish the crank and get a new set of rod bearings.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 AM
stupidity, no limits

didn't really get that much done really this weekend...

While im waiting for my block to return from the machine shop I decided i was going to go ahead and wrap my header and i fixed the wrap on my down pipe as well.. mind you, this is my first time wrapping and boy it was a pain.

i also purchased a new clutch disk, the old one just seemed a little worn.

I also finished polishing my turbo housing with sand paper.. doesn't look so hot, i should have never used a dremel to do the original sanding aha. you cant really tell unless you are all the way on it though. I will finish polishing with compound then polish later this week.