Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

E36 M3 Saloon: Now with more sport!

Old 10-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Desolation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch
Default E36 M3 Saloon: Now with more sport!

BMW, for the E36, had two overall option packages for the M3: Sport and Luxury; the only exterior differences were in the front bumper. Why BMW made the luxury front end different from the sport end is beyond me, and sadly its taken almost two years for me to rectify this problem. For the past couple of months I've been trying to clean this car up and rectify some outstanding problems. Still have quite a few things to fix before its "done", but I've slowly been knocking things out.

For starters, what the luxury front looks like:

The lux front has slats where the sport has mesh, and also does not have a front lip spoiler. BMW doesn't make it easy to fix this, so I had to drill and file the holes to fit the factory mounting hardware for the lip spoiler. It took more time to get the bumper off than it did to replace the mesh...I would highly recommend doing this for anyone unfortunate enough to have a luxury front bumper.

And how it looks now:

I spent the better part of today driving around Ashland, Caroline County, Doswell, etc. looking for picture taking spots with Kevinz. Wound up by the Mattaponi Springs Golf Club out in Ruther Glen...lots of nice roads and architecture. He took a bunch of photos, hopefully he will post something when he gets a chance. Either way, enough babbling.

Car is lowered, yes it needs wheels, and no I was not bored.

I've got one of these on the way, so expect a write-up in a week or two:

And...the only interior shot thats really worth a damn:

I intend to have the headliner and A and C pillars recovered in the next few months, along with a TSX projector retrofit into some DEPO housings.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:20 PM

morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid
Default Re: E36 M3 Saloon: Now with more sport!

woooodgrainn
Old 10-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Desolation

Yeah, fuck wood grain trim. Its already hard enough to find interior panels for a sedan, the wood grain trim just makes it that much more difficult. I'll probably get around to being rid of all of it sooner or later.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Its clean... I dig it...
Old 10-04-2009, 06:25 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Why get rid of the wood? You have something hard to find, embrace it.

Then again, what do I know - I like those wheels.

This is one of the few cars on this website that I really like.

Cell phone functional?
Old 10-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Why get rid of the wood? You have something hard to find, embrace it.

Then again, what do I know - I like those wheels.

This is one of the few cars on this website that I really like.
I like those wheels too... Needs moar black powder coat though... Not fond of the oem silver junk on any oem wheel...
Old 10-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Desolation

You can't see it in the picture, but the trim around the shifter console is chipped and cracked, as well as the shift knob and e-brake handle. If I can find pieces in good condition I wouldn't mind replacing them, but its almost impossible to find.

I like the wheels, but the car needs something a little more aggressive and non-BMW.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7

Lookin good Phil!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:29 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by Flinch
You can't see it in the picture, but the trim around the shifter console is chipped and cracked, as well as the shift knob and e-brake handle. If I can find pieces in good condition I wouldn't mind replacing them, but its almost impossible to find.
Are they NLA from BMW? Then send them to http://www.maderaconcepts.com/ (more expensive than new wood from a dealer typically, but his work is better than new).

How deep are the chips? Cracks I can't fix but I've had good luck with a combination of dremel and hand polishing using 3M liquid rubbing compound (followed by swirl mark remover) to get out chips.

Last edited by marlinspike; 10-04-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Wood grain is awesome as long it is well taken care of. Very clean car. I know a lot of people will be against this, but I think clear corners on black E36's look good and would help set your car apart a bit.

Quick Reply: E36 M3 Saloon: Now with more sport!