Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Driftwater 15 Media Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:45 AM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Re: Driftwater 15 Media Thread

Originally Posted by marlinspike
I know who will, but give me more to go on - color?
Uhm... silver... or black... or silver and black. 240, and I believe it was LSx powered. Was the only grip 240 I saw out there.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:47 AM
HHIC

I may be wrong but I believe Stock or Modified color matched the rear diffuser. If it is guy is a HUUGGGEEEE tool, was trying to brag saying he has to fly someone out from Cali to change his oil and it costs him $15k. But I could be getting my red ferraris in Hampton Roads mixed up.
That's the car, he seemed like a nice enough guy to me. He came over and asked about my trailer and just BSed for a while.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:52 AM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

Originally Posted by Flite
That's the car, he seemed like a nice enough guy to me. He came over and asked about my trailer and just BSed for a while.
ehh, he may have not intentionally come off that way at the shop. either way beautiful car, it was my first time seeing one up close.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yerp, thats the car. When I worked there the front bumper, hood, and sideskirts were done as well as the rear bumper. Dude might be making a trip back to joey after going into the rocks like that. I didnt think dude was a tool, seemed like a nice guy to me. Might be bragging that he has alot of money and sounded douchey but he never came off that way when he was up there, but then again I didnt talk to him much.That stripe needs to come off though, I hate it.

OP, plus rep. you were definitely one of the better drifters out there yesterday thats for sure. went to leave you rep and my son pressed enter so I dont even know what it says now, ha.

Big thanks to Flite for letting me have an incredible day in his miata, that thing was unbelievably fun, I hope you got the point by from the ferrari on film haha and man you can drive the fuck out of that car, muhhh butthole puckered a few times.

another big thanks to Dan for putting on that event, I should be upset with him cause now Im going to spend way too much money on putting a race car together, but its really hard to be mad at him, hes too funny haha.

great day, great event.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Registered Member

kewilso3 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Flite
By the way, anybody know who the LSx powered grip 240 was?
Originally Posted by marlinspike
I know who will, but give me more to go on - color?
That was me, I came with Chris (two-tone hatch) and Katherine (silver e36 M3). My car is black, anyone get any pictures?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 AM
HHIC

Originally Posted by kewilso3
That was me, I came with Chris (two-tone hatch) and Katherine (silver e36 M3). My car is black, anyone get any pictures?
Awesome. You were pretty quick. I think you were the only guy I couldn't really shake. It is actually kind of cool to see a 240 NOT sideways
Old 09-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Thanks, it was fun following you around for a while (assuming you were the red miata). Most people are very confused when they find out my car grips, and that i suck at drifting
Old 09-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Cool story Hansel.

Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
OP, plus rep. you were definitely one of the better drifters out there yesterday thats for sure. went to leave you rep and my son pressed enter so I dont even know what it says now, ha.

great day, great event.
Thanks man! My clutch started slipping and I blew out my turbo gasket after lunch, still had a blast though. If anyone ever wants a ride just come find me, for a few laps I had an empty passenger seat. I looked for people standing around with helmets but everyone seemed occupied with fixing things haha.

Thanks again Dan, can't wait for the next one.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 AM
HHIC

Originally Posted by kewilso3
Thanks, it was fun following you around for a while (assuming you were the red miata). Most people are very confused when they find out my car grips, and that i suck at drifting
Yeah that was me, or at least my car. Quite a few people drove it this weekend so who knows who was in it all the time. I know I drove around with you once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I kept waiting for you to blow by me on the straight. I felt bad for the supercharged 350Z guy. He gave me a point by on the straight and then it took forever to get passed him anyway. I've got about 90 very tired horsepower.

I like your car a lot... it's visually subtle, LS powered, and turns really well. It's the anti-240.... 240
Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Yeah I was falling back from you in the morning but eventually I could hang with you without too much trouble. I'm still mainly trying to learn out there, so I enjoy following someone fast more than trying to pull away from them. And yes, half throttle down the straight haha

Quick Reply: Driftwater 15 Media Thread