Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Driftwater 15 Media Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 11:36 AM
slingshot engage.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'
Default Re: Driftwater 15 Media Thread

Originally Posted by Flite
Gun4hire didn't run very long at all. I think he did maybe 3 or 4 laps first thing in the morning and that was it. You sure you're thinking of the right car?
Assuming 13&14 are the decreasing radius sweeper that leads onto the front esses... that's the trickiest part of the track for me. Dave (Gun4hire) is the only grip driver I've seen that consistantly gets it right. I was a lot better this event than the last, but I'm still not 100% on it. It's just hard to judge distance. Dave on the other hand, knows every inch of that track.
Don't be shy, that's silly... if there's any way I can help, just ask. By no means am I a pro, but if I can give you some tips to help make you go a bit quicker, I'm more than happy to help out.
I wasn't clear- the 13th and 14th Driftwater Event.

If there is another, I will def grab one of you guys.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

I didnt know you needed an sd card for the gopro, sooo...No footage haha. I had the black M3 that kept sliding out because I was misjudging turns. Flite I was very surprised at your Miata, that thing was movin around the track!

Courtesy of Cory:

Last edited by Spindrift; 09-18-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:07 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I didn't know you were out there, should have come to say hello.

Yeah don't sleep on the Miata. That's about 90 furious little ponies.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Cool story Hansel.

Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28

Yeah Flite, you were really quick out there. I tried keeping up with you for a little while but eventually I gave up and went back to drifting. Maybe I'll bring real tires next time to try chasing down some Miatas haha.

I got bored and realized my school library has a media editing lab so I made a dumb video. I only had 2 camera angles so the footage got boring after a while, but it's something. "Broke" neck even has a cameo in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ItfTnR2Z68
Old 09-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway

Originally Posted by Flite
This is the ONE local event you don't want to miss. Get your priorities straight!
You're right sir. My bad, my bad.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:45 PM
FS/Dope Status troll

STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER

This was my second drift event and i cant wait until the next. Thanks to Dan for some pointers on the sweeper. Here is a video I made from footage from my sister and my go pro. I have more i will edit later of everyone else that was there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFkd5x1iSEM
Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Ill definitely do that next time, as well as bring extra tires. Mine were done by lunch and I still had to drive 4 hours home on them.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Cool story Hansel.

Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28

Originally Posted by STRANGER DANGER
This was my second drift event and i cant wait until the next. Thanks to Dan for some pointers on the sweeper. Here is a video I made from footage from my sister and my go pro. I have more i will edit later of everyone else that was there.
You were looking really good out there, it was awesome seeing you sliding in my rear view when we were all stuck behind the green/black s14. That sweeper is everyone's nemesis, the only way I can get it is to drag the e-brake forever, and even then I barely get it. I think if you put it in 4th right where Dan's rear clipping point is you can carry it all the way through with a wider line, but 4th gear isn't easy haha. Next time!

Originally Posted by Spindrift
Ill definitely do that next time, as well as bring extra tires. Mine were done by lunch and I still had to drive 4 hours home on them.
Extra tires are a must! Which direction was your drive in? Me and a few others drove up from Raleigh, you're probably north though since this is VAdriven haha.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 AM
FS/Dope Status troll

STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER

Originally Posted by Chris28
You were looking really good out there, it was awesome seeing you sliding in my rear view when we were all stuck behind the green/black s14. That sweeper is everyone's nemesis, the only way I can get it is to drag the e-brake forever, and even then I barely get it. I think if you put it in 4th right where Dan's rear clipping point is you can carry it all the way through with a wider line, but 4th gear isn't easy haha. Next time!
Thanks man, I was trying to get up to your level haha. I have a couple clips of you ill put in another vid later. Dan told me to hit in 4th when I was on my last set of tires so I didnt get a good stab at. I found myself getting very lazy with the ebrake since it doesnt work as well as it should so I started shiftlocking the sharp 90 turns and had fun with that the rest of the day. Next time I will come out with newer tires and more power for that sweeper.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:11 AM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

was this a slow event? Usually there are a shit ton of pics. I miss living in VA for this reason

Quick Reply: Driftwater 15 Media Thread