Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Cobra4b...ish thread. (Now with less Corvette)

Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts
Default Cobra4b...ish thread. (Now with less Corvette)

As anyone who knows me knows, I was in a pretty shitty accident a while back and fixed my car myself instead of totalling it out.

Took a looooong time, mostly because I have another car to drive, and I'm lazy.

I picked up a shell from a local fellow LookOut duder, and decided I'm just going to swap everything over from my old Rx7, to the new S5 shell, but not before cleaning it up and painting it.

Even if everyone hates my thread, it shall be an epic chronicling of me actually starting and finishing a project.

The new shell is absolutely immaculate, and in MUCH MUCH better condition than my current shell.

HOPE EVERYONE LIKES MY AWESOMELY LAME BUILD THREAD

DAY 1:

Only 1 picture, because nothing interesting is happening yet.

Thumbnail for bigger yo.

Currently pulling all the crap out of the Red Rx7 to get it ready for priming, and then paint.

It is a completely empty shell, devoid of engine and well, everything but the means to make it roll and a driveshaft. No interior to speak of at all, no dash(which to me is a good thing).

I'm planning to only transplant the bare essentials, to use as a track car and drive on nice days car.

Pretty much done for the day, hatch glass has been removed, everything is taped off, I'm making dinner and can't be bothered to prime it tonight.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:41 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks
Default Re: Cobra4b...ish thread. (Now with less Corvette)

Very cool. Take lots of pics.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

I plan on it.

This is a first for me, so I want to document it fairly well, if only for myself.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

need separate threads
Old 04-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru

broken rx7's will always make me lol
Old 04-17-2009, 12:40 AM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

gl homie
Old 04-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Originally Posted by kashimiru
broken rx7's will always make me lol
Its not broken, it runs, I just hate how ugly it is, and I can't refuse the opportunity with this amazing shell.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Day 3

Didn't get to do anything yesterday with having some plans I made previously keep me away from the house all day.

Woke up early this morning and got some of the engine bay stuff stripped out, got everything masked up, and gave the exterior, engine bay, and door jams a nice coat of primer. 8 cans of primer. -_-

Decided not to paint the inside, as my current car has a 9 out of 10 black interior I'm going to be throwing in this car when its done.

Heres a few pictures from bright an early this morning just as a reference point on what I'm working with.

Thumbnails, click for larger as usual.

And here she is about 30 minutes ago, being rolled back into the garage.

Tomorrow, I'm going to give it a real fine sanding, clean up a few things, and hopefully paint it. The color is a surprise, yet nothing extreme.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Finally got around to throwing a coat of paint on it yesterday before I had to run to go to dinner with my mother for her birthday.

Only one coat on so far, but I really really love the color. Didn't get to hit the engine bay yet, but the door jams came out AMAZING.

I'm surprised at how good it looks so far, as this is the first time I've ever painted something with a gun.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:19 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Reminds me of Tims Sil-80 before he painted it blue, good progress man. Makes me miss tearin shit apart

Quick Reply: Cobra4b...ish thread. (Now with less Corvette)