Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Car Of The Future? GM Hy-Wire

Old 11-14-2009, 12:42 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Car Of The Future? GM Hy-Wire

http://www.flixxy.com/gm-hy-wire-concept-car.htm

Hrmmmmm, looks like dook, but the concept is kinda cool
Old 11-14-2009, 12:58 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt
Default Re: Car Of The Future? GM Hy-Wire

Pretty darn neat. I hope they can take these type of ideas and bring them into mass production. Sure, that particular model looks like ass, but its a cool concept. I am curious, he said it produces enough power to run his street... with hydrogen and that kind of energy.... makes me think an accident could be pretty fucking horrific. Unless i have the mechanics of it wrong?
Old 11-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Raptor Jesus Loves U

idrum2loud has disabled reputation

damn....i cant wait to drift a car with the torque of an electric motor!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by TheGentleArt
makes me think an accident could be pretty fucking horrific. Unless i have the mechanics of it wrong?
They have been playing with hydrogen for quite a few years . BMW was doing quite a bit with it years ago and there were even some buses that ran on it in the UK. The fuel cell is the key to all of it and what has been getting the attention.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:09 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

I saw the concept a few years ago, but I never got a good idea of it. I love Top Gear and I'm surprised they were as positive.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:43 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

That's amazing. Working on that thing would be so easy (aside from the fact only certified tech's will understand any of it.) Every thing is layed out in front of you in a grid. Fixing anything on that car would only take what? An hour? Parts will be high for a while but the labor will be cheap.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:25 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie
That's amazing. Working on that thing would be so easy (aside from the fact only certified tech's will understand any of it.) Every thing is layed out in front of you in a grid. Fixing anything on that car would only take what? An hour? Parts will be high for a while but the labor will be cheap.
I doubt the labor will be cheap. Not just any automotive tech would understand it or be allowed by GM to work on it. Those individuals would undoubtedly be at a much higher pay grade.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie
Originally Posted by BOREDOMRULE
I doubt the labor will be cheap. Not just any automotive tech would understand it or be allowed by GM to work on it. Those individuals would undoubtedly be at a much higher pay grade.
No we're going to have computer techs and nerds workin for GM... Big snapon boxes are gonna be replaced by a handbox w/ a scanner, a handful of metric wrenches and a pocket protector...

The fact you can change out the bodies is cool though... "Ooooooh I feel like drivin a truck today so I need to skip breakfast so I can go out and swap out the bodies..." Its like a fuckin kit car w/ interchangable bodies... Or better yet those lil static driven track cars we/I had as a kid that you pulled the body off of to change out...

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 11-18-2009 at 06:37 AM.