Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

A Build Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LowGMC has disabled reputation
Default A Build Thread

These are a few pictures from my GMC Canyon Build so far. My future plans include a full custom interior, body drop, and v8 swap. I have 20'' chrome Centerline Archers on order and they should be here soon. I realize alot of yall are into fast cars and such and not impressed with minitrucks, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far, and I want to show it off.

Well, I haven't been too active on here so I figured I'd show you guys some pictures of what I've been up to.

WELL HERE SHE IS THE NIGHT I BOUGHT IT BACK IN NOVEMBER 2007

STRIPPING THE FRAME DOWN (APRIL 2009)

NOTCHES IN PLACE AND ME VOIDING THE WARRANTY (MAY 2009)

THE 4-LINK I BUILT

READY FOR THE BED

CUTTING THE BED

BED ON, TANK AND COMPRESSOR INSTALLED, BRIDGE COMPLETE

AXLE BACK FROM BEING NARROWED AT THE MACHINE SHOP. STOCK GAS TANK RELOCATED BEHIND AXLE. TRANNY X-MEMBER INSTALLED. WHEEL WELLS CUT, AND, FRONT BRACKETS BEING WELDED IN.

UPPER A ARMS REVERSED, "PIE CUT", AND PLATED TO RELIEVE BINDING AND ALLOW IT TO LAY OUT. AIR SETUP COMPLETE AND WAITING ON MY 20's TO ARRIVE IN THE MAIL.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

NismoPowerdQG has disabled reputation
Default Re: A Build Thread

hey man i love the way your goin with the truck. cant wait to see the rims!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Your plate is not original.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:57 PM
sexy party!

jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester

why is your truck painted and the license plate not diagonally inserted into your tailgate? Primer your shit up and relocate that plate asap.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Looks like you're off to a good start... The 4 link is a little too close together for my liking... I'd like to see detailed pics of the front setup...

Props for bagging one of the hardest trucks to bag... Takes to much shit to bag a Coly...

I liked those aftermarket wheels you had on it... I always like seeing some old skool billets...

In for my pics of the pink shoebox too...
Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by jester
why is your truck painted and the license plate not diagonally inserted into your tailgate? Primer your shit up and relocate that plate asap.
He hasn't gotten that far yet... rofl... Hes doin a good job... Mine was supposed to see paint this year but I traded it...
Old 08-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

There's a lot of rust on that frame and drivetrain for a 2007, is that normal?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:16 PM
haz hype

it_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond repute

Tires are backwards on the chrome wheels.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jester
lol.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

I will never understand the fascination with mini trucks but you've made good progress and everything seems to be quality so far. What motor are you planning on swapping? Keeping the stock drivetrain with a v8? If so, seems like a terrible idea to me.

Oh, and way to bite someone else's idea for the plates.

Quick Reply: A Build Thread