Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Broke Necks Road Race Mustang Build (warning ugly, gay, dumb car inside)

Old 01-18-2012, 05:18 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Broke Necks Road Race Mustang Build (warning ugly, gay, dumb car inside)

So this thread has been going on over on TWR for a little over a year now, as its been in its various stages, and im copying and pasting most of it, so if the dates dont match up with current time, thats why.

So if youve been around for YEARS, then you may of remember this little turbo convertable that was a bunch of different colors.

Well after changing setups in the car 28 times (none of which seeing the road) ... I finally convinced Ryvers to sell me the vert.

Mostly to make more room in his garage for my car when it breaks

Heres the last time it saw the road at the Richmond Track Rental .... YEARS ago

Some of you also may know that I had some issues with fire not getting along to well with the wiring under the hood of my gray turbo fox.

I bought some cheap ass fuel rails, which sprayed fuel all over the place causing a nice fire ... luckily I was next to a gas station and grabed a extinguisher and put it out.

Towed the car up to Ryvers, we yanked the motor and tranny out of it.

Sold the turbo setup (thank god cause that was a pretty ghetto kit as well)

Now putting my 331 and tranny in the vert.

Heres shortly after I picked it up.

The reason I wanted the car so bad - VIR

Picked up bumpers, sideskirts off a real Saleen, bought a heat extractor hood (04 cobra style hood) and for XMAS the wife bought me all the engine bay panels to give it a clean look under the hood.

Duane over at Affortable Automotive is taking care of the body work and everything .... went by today and snapped a few pictures. Should hit the paint booth on Tuesday for some color.

Still a couple more panels to put in

Now, most that know me know ive had a COUPLE of Dark Shadow Gray cars .... and was going to do this one the say ... BUT .... after going to the AutoShow a couple weeks back .... and seeing the color in person .... IM SOLD!

Old 01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Re: Broke Necks Road Race Mustang Build (warning ugly, gay, dumb car inside)

Suspension is a CONTEX setup (IPS) both of which are no longer around. Luckily Ive got pretty much another setup in boxes in the garage brand new.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/how...tem/index.html

Heres a picture I snapped today, doesnt do it any justice .... its looking real nice. Ill pick it up on Saturday (weather permitting)

Old 01-18-2012, 05:20 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Default Re: Broke Necks Road Race Mustang Build (warning ugly, gay, dumb car inside)

Picked the car up from Affordable Automotive today.

Dropped it off at my dads until theres a clean garage and I can get the motor and tranny in the car.

Like a dummy I didnt snap pics of underhood, but it looks awesome. The panels I bought from ScottRod Performance really turned out nice.

Heres a few cell phone shots with color on the car.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:20 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

A little update

Mike (Icantdo55) has really helped me out on this thing, hes sorted through alot of stuff on the car, had issue after issue .... and finally the car is ALIVE.

Infact its ALIVE enough that it is at ALL ASPECTS currently getting tuned, and the suspension setup on it and an alignment.

Jan 14th is the day that I finally get to beat on this car, ive rented out BlackWaters road course for a little private test date, and couldnt be more excited. Need to find out all the troubles its going to give me now before mid Feb when NASA season starts back up and we go to VIR.

Heres a little more uptodate pictures

A better shot of engine bay with motor going in.

And a couple videos (nothing exciting at all, just it finally moving under its own power!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXrY8FX3F7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj47VBg78go

It will most definatly be ALOT louder when I open the cutouts, figured id show some respect to Mikes neighbors and leave them closed.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:21 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Picked the car up from Kienan at All Aspects, cant say enough good things about those guys.

Car hit the rollers a few days ago .... made 327/319 .... so definatly pleased with that, was thinking around 290ish.

He set my suspension, and did an alignment while it was there, also got my brakes situated so now I can stop!!

I picked it up and went over to another friends shop in Chesapeake and borrowed one of his lifts. Kienan had pointed out some little things here and there like where the harness was tucked up in the fender was to low, and the pinch weld in the fender needed to be beat flat.

Took care of all that, trimmed the saleen body kit so the tires dont rub anymore.

Also installed some AeroCatch flush mount push button hood pins.

Had a very hard time cutting into a $700 hood, but it came out really nice.

Had to put the saleen chevron stickers on as well, not some peoples cup of tea ... but it really sets the car off I think.

This weekend I will be building a lexan spoiler and getting rid of the wing, loved it at first, hate it now.

Opened the cutouts ..... WOW!!! .... I love it!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:22 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Well FINALLY got to test this thing out!!!!!

Had a few little issues, but nothing that kept me off track for most of the day, and drove it back on the trailer.

1. NO POWER STEERING + 275's Hoosiers in front = SUCK MY ASS

2. Flaming River Drag Race steering racks are not a good option for a road race car. I literally had to turn the wheel two full rotations to do a 90degree turn, I was REALLY sore the next day.

3. Need breathers on BOTH valve covers

4. Stiffer springs, it handles great, just has body roll which you dont feel in the car.

5. Five year old hoosiers, not so good. Kept blowing them up

Heres a little video of my buddy AJ chasing me around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_uUV...ature=youtu.be

And a couple rough shots from a buddy of mine ...

Old 01-18-2012, 05:27 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Great stuff, Mike! Should be loads of fun! Nice build!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

TurboEagle97 TurboEagle97 TurboEagle97 TurboEagle97 TurboEagle97 TurboEagle97 TurboEagle97 TurboEagle97 TurboEagle97 TurboEagle97 TurboEagle97

Wow It's come a long way, I wish I could have made it out to the D-water to see it.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Looking forward to passing this thing in the coming months!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:32 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

no tow hooks?

Quick Reply: Broke Necks Road Race Mustang Build (warning ugly, gay, dumb car inside)