Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

95 Civic Coupe, old school military style

Old 06-06-2012, 11:16 AM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: 95 Civic Coupe, old school military style

I'm failing to see what is old school military about it...

The stripe looks like the one off brian o'connors R34 in 2fast2furious.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
I'm failing to see what is old school military about it...

The stripe looks like the one off brian o'connors R34 in 2fast2furious.

I was gonna do a military star but figured that may be too much. Dunno, I kinda like the stripe, those who have seen it either like it, or they hate it.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:25 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

if the white star was on it, i could see it.

but honestly the olive drab dosent fit the car at all.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Might do a flat white star on it instead, I havent made up my mind yet.

It is different though. I have had to do so many freaking flat and satin black paint jobs lately I got tired of that color, so I switched it up a little.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

That masking tape almost worked, except for the edge bleeding all over the place. Use a better tape material next time.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:26 PM
The Pro to call.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
That masking tape almost worked, except for the edge bleeding all over the place. Use a better tape material next time.
3M fineline tape, and it actually did work out well. The bleeding you see is what needed to be trimmed off. The bedliner material lays out thick, and needs to be trimmed with a blade otherwise it gets flaky. It's been trimmed, and turned out nice. These pics were from right after pulling the masking off of it.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Interesting choice of graphics material, but ok...
Old 06-06-2012, 03:21 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Flite
If someone unpopular buys it, this site will proclaim it dook
If someone popular buys it, this site will proclaim it helladope.
I agree, kine of like when ft_lbs was crying some guy had Jeep wheels on his Integra, while rambling on about how awesome Jeep wheels were on some guys Civic.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

I know that the work done to the car is quality,but in all honesty,this thing is terrible.It looks no different than some Mexi-ride stuff you see all the time.It's a sign of the impending opocalypse if I don't see at least one flat-colored spray painted Civic per day.
I think the first post about it being dope if somebody popular buys it is way,way off.There's nothing salvagable about it.No wheels/engine/etc,no matter how nice can fix it when it's painted as it currently is.
When it comes to old shitboxes like this,you've got to make every effort to make it look nice.Glossy paint in a color that's not available in a spraycan is a huge start.If it's a brand new M3,then yeah,you can paint it a flat color and it's cool.On an old car,it looks like rattle can primer.The fact that it was done the right way won't change that.

.........................And this is coming from a guy in a rainbow colored shitbox.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:40 AM
The Pro to call.

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I know that the work done to the car is quality,but in all honesty,this thing is terrible.It looks no different than some Mexi-ride stuff you see all the time.It's a sign of the impending opocalypse if I don't see at least one flat-colored spray painted Civic per day.
I think the first post about it being dope if somebody popular buys it is way,way off.There's nothing salvagable about it.No wheels/engine/etc,no matter how nice can fix it when it's painted as it currently is.
When it comes to old shitboxes like this,you've got to make every effort to make it look nice.Glossy paint in a color that's not available in a spraycan is a huge start.If it's a brand new M3,then yeah,you can paint it a flat color and it's cool.On an old car,it looks like rattle can primer.The fact that it was done the right way won't change that.

.........................And this is coming from a guy in a rainbow colored shitbox.

Eh, there is an ass for every seat. When it comes to Civics, I have noticed people either love what someone did, or they hate it. It is kinda the same way when it comes to DSM's as well, it is just how it goes. Personally, I am not much of a fan of it but I have had some decent interest in it with this color scheme.

If this buyer falls through, I will likely spray it in a pearl white or a silver, but I will let it stay on the market for a few weeks before making that decision. The bodywork is done so a color change is not much of a big deal, couple of days and it can be redone and out the door. Go figure that the interested buyers are both in the armed forces though.

Quick Reply: 95 Civic Coupe, old school military style