Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

66x vw bug

Old 01-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc
Default Re: 66x vw bug

Originally Posted by destiny92782
nice set up bro, I got a 65..... what size motor you running
Thanks man. I like ur sunshade. I'm actually looking for a black one thats not fiberglass and that is custom fit. any clue where I can snag one? I cant find any1 that carries them...
Old 01-08-2011, 07:03 AM
VIVA LA FRONTERA

shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez

Originally Posted by ProjektPhoto
Everything was looking great till you went and added those hideous looking spikes. To each their own but jesus christ it looks stupid now.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:22 AM
ig oggggg

yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15

its strange how a sudden addition of minute little spikes can completely kill my interest in a project
Old 01-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc

funny... if it were chip foose, or if those spikes were on pimp my ride how different some opinions would be. Often what people tend to think "looks good" is what has already done by people that have been idolized by the automotive community. So in a sense people are programmed to like whats already popular. Kind of like the songs u hear every hour on the radio... Like projek said "to each their own"... another thing i find funny is how out of the whole project the spikes are what comes up, aside from a lil rust that has already been addressed... I appreciate the constructive criticism but there's nothing constructive about bashing my hard work. Maybe an alternative idea would've been nice. let see, im ok with the stock trim but its been done before so I'm pretty much over that... and I dont want to fill the holes because I feel it would leave too much dead space, and i dont want to leave the holes open because moisture can get in and rust it out... at first the spikes were a joke then it kinda grew on me... now I like them on... so please , if you have any CONSTRUCTIVE ideas im all ears.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

jas9848 has disabled reputation

looking good!!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

LOL... thanks jas
Old 01-08-2011, 02:37 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by wicked1lbc
funny... if it were chip foose, or if those spikes were on pimp my ride how different some opinions would be. Often what people tend to think "looks good" is what has already done by people that have been idolized by the automotive community. So in a sense people are programmed to like whats already popular. Kind of like the songs u hear every hour on the radio... Like projek said "to each their own"... another thing i find funny is how out of the whole project the spikes are what comes up, aside from a lil rust that has already been addressed... I appreciate the constructive criticism but there's nothing constructive about bashing my hard work. Maybe an alternative idea would've been nice. let see, im ok with the stock trim but its been done before so I'm pretty much over that... and I dont want to fill the holes because I feel it would leave too much dead space, and i dont want to leave the holes open because moisture can get in and rust it out... at first the spikes were a joke then it kinda grew on me... now I like them on... so please , if you have any CONSTRUCTIVE ideas im all ears.
so you actually have the holes sealed up with the spikes? since the spikes are bolted on from the back side,you have actually applied silicone or another type of sealer on both sides in order to "SEAL UP COMPLETELY" since if you didnt it will still rust

and heres one with the mouldings shaved...lots of dead space...

Last edited by nftuatn; 01-08-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nftuatn
so you actually have the holes sealed up with the spikes? since the spikes are bolted on from the back side,you have actually applied silicone or another type of sealer on both sides in order to "SEAL UP COMPLETELY" since if you didnt it will still rust
Actually I got some real small gaskets on the outside. Was thinking of doing some rtv but I cant get to the back side of all of them. Still thinking of way to get that done tho. I agree its a better idea than what I got in there now... Ill find a way.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Chip Foose and pimp my ride hardly make anything cool.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nftuatn

and heres one with the mouldings shaved...lots of dead space...
Looks good. But im keeping mine matte black all around so it would definitly look like dead space. That 2 tone paint adds more character so the moulding isnt exactly needed. That urs?

Quick Reply: 66x vw bug